- Job Type
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
At Griffin Centre: Everybody Counts! At Griffin Centre, we assist over 8,500 people each year to recognize their strengths, achieve their goals and improve their lives. Griffin Centre promotes positive change for vulnerable youth and adults with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges and their families. We are dedicated to delivering innovative services and developing creative partnerships that enhance lives and communities.
We offer: Competitive salaries, supplemental health benefits, paid vacation and sick days, collaborative and inclusive work environment, and most of all, a chance to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable youth and adults.
Griffin Centre is currently hiring a Bookkeeper who will perform a wide variety of bookkeeping functions and provide administrative support to the organization. This role is a one year contract position until May, 2020.
The major position responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable – ensure invoices are authorized, accurate and recorded in accounting system, prepare and issue cheques for signing, review, print cheques, arrange for signatures, distribute payments and maintain files;
- Accounts Receivable – issue invoices, record receipts, prepare bank deposits accurately through the accounting system, follow up on unpaid balances, maintain reporting systems and forms;
- General Ledger – apply journal entries, close each month and generate financial reports, provide financial analysis, track and maintain warranties, agreements and leases;
- Cash – prepare banking deposits and reconciliations, monitor and manage cash flow, report variances, ensure program cash floats are monitored and reconciled;
- Payroll – reporting of payroll costs, prepare journal entries, verify expense sheets, prepare remittances and annual reconciliations and backup payroll staff;
- Fixed Assets – maintain ledger of purchases and amortization schedules, track warranties;
- General – assist with ad hoc financial analysis and prepare financial reports/statements as required;
- Provide general admin support and reception relief as part of administrative team.
We are interested in candidates with the following qualifications:
- Business or accounting degree or diploma;
- Accounting/Bookkeeping designation (or in progress) with 2 years’ related experience or equivalent education and experience;
- Advanced accounting software and Microsoft Office skills; experience with Sage 300 and ADP Workforce Now would be an asset;
- Well-developed organizational skills and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate documentation on a timely basis;
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands;
- Ability to recognize situations or judgement calls that should be brought to management for resolution and decision-making;
- Fluency in French is an asset;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a not-for-profit organization.
If you have the above qualifications and are ready to make a difference, we would like to hear from you!
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and salary expectations in order to be considered. Please email all three items to email@example.com, by April 7, 2019. Please quote file # 12-19.
Griffin Centre offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by Griffin Centre regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation in the recruitment process. We thank everyone for their interest but will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
GRIFFIN CENTRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY AND WELCOME APPLICANTS FROM ALL CULTURES, ABILITIES, AND SEXUAL AND GENDER IDENTITIES.
At Griffin Centre, we assist over 2,500 people each year to recognize their strengths, achieve their goals and improve their lives. Griffin Centre promotes positive change for vulnerable youth and adults with mental health challenges and/or developmental disabilities and their families.