Manager, Planned Giving
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Newmarket, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Ontario SPCA) is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Stouffville and supports over 50 communities throughout Ontario. The following 14 month maternity leave contract opportunity is available at the Provincial Office near Newmarket, Ontario.
Manager, Planned Giving
14 month Full- Time Contract Position
The Ontario SPCA & Humane Society is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned planned giving professional to join its development team as a full-time Manager, Planned Giving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications, Marketing and Stewardship:
- Work with donors, estate lawyers, accountants, insurance agents, financial planners and associated family members to facilitate the completion of a variety of gifts (bequests, life insurance, annuities, charitable remainder trusts, etc.) and to build relationships for the future.
- Working with the Development Team:
- Develop Annual Plan and Budget and provide regular reports on progress;
- Market and promote the portfolio through Ontario SPCA internal and external channels;
- Assist in the development of cutting edge marketing materials for Ontario SPCA stakeholders and staff;
- Ensure necessary communications, recognition and stewardship policies are developed and in place to effectively support the portfolio;
- Plan and participate in donor and prospecting events and activities locally and throughout the province – with specific support for high value donor relationships;
- Coordinate communications and/or activities aimed at generating leads through integrated direct response channels and develop follow-up strategies;
- Identify and qualify planned giving donors and prospects, respond to queries through mailings, phone calls and emails as appropriate and visit donors throughout the province, and maintain and update records in Raiser’s Edge, including all points of contact;
- Ensure planned giving Annual Plan is implemented and opportunities for revenue are maximized.
- Working with the provincial Animal Centres:
- Provide assistance in the preparation of planned giving materials and information packages for meetings and events;
- Provide advice, training and support as needed.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Society’s estate bequest administration consisting of over 250 annual open estate files. This includes:
- Timely processing of all estate documentation;
- Follow-up with executors and solicitors as required to ensure estates are moving forward appropriately and closed in a timely manner;
- Maintenance of estate files to audit standards and completion of annual bequest status reports;
- Internal reporting on status of all open and closed estate files.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University/College degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 5-7 years of experience in estate planning, estate accounting and administration, planned giving or related experience;
- A successful track record in running and managing a Provincial or National Planned Giving Program, handling estates from notification to completion, and working closely with donors to complete their planned gifts;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail, strong listening skills, empathy, patience and logic;
- Strong communicator with exceptional written and oral communication, judgment and decision making skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge;
- Member of the CAGP and active CFRE status preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional growth and education;
- Ability to travel throughout the province and must have a valid “G” driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the above qualifications, please forward your resume with a covering letter including salary expectations by October 3, 2018 to:
Stephanie Miller, CFRE
Director, Community and Donor Development
16586 Woodbine Avenue
Stouffville ON L4A 2W3
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Ontario SPCA however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Ontario SPCA is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com
Organization Description not provided