Associate, Training and Engagement
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Economic Development
- Impact Category
- Impact Investing
- Company Type
About this position
Convergence is seeking a Training and Engagement Associate who will report to the Associate Director, Client Services and support the broader team to deliver high quality and timely services to members. The Associate will play a key role in supporting Convergence’s trainings, which focus on building the capacity of public, private and philanthropic donors and investors to execute blended finance transactions. In addition, the Associate will play a key role in all aspects of Convergence’s member engagement including developing and managing relationships, planning and executing on trainings, soliciting feedback to continuously improve Convergence’s membership offerings, and representing Convergence at meetings and industry events.
The following comprises the core responsibilities of the Training & Engagement Associate, however, the scope will evolve over time to match the needs of a growing start-up:
- Manage the execution of training programs, in close collaboration with the training lead; this includes program structuring, content development, partner collaboration, and administration.
- Support the business development process for training opportunities through the creation of proposals and other documentation.
- Update and enhance the standard training program and content that Convergence offers to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Assist in refining Convergence’s strategy, approach, and business model for delivering training.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with prospective members and partners across the private, public, and philanthropic sectors that may be active in or have an interest in learning about blended finance, including identifying transactions that may be aligned to and eligible for the Convergence platform.
- Manage incoming requests for information and applications for Convergence membership; which may include direct engagement with prospective members, identifying opportunities for collaboration, leading exploratory discussions, converting leads to membership, and on-boarding.
- Serve as relationship manager and main point of contact for assigned Convergence members to ensure they take full advantage of Convergence offerings.
- Analyze data, develop reporting tools, and track key metrics to help drive growth and develop new and existing business opportunities.
- Become an expert on Convergence’s platform to be able to support internal and external stakeholders with technical inquiries and lead initiatives to improve members’ experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, international development, or a related field with an excellent academic record.
- 1-3 years of work experience in financial services, international development or consulting, demonstrating ability to deliver results through independent and collaborative work.
- Comfort in an entrepreneurial environment that is fast-paced and fluid; able to embrace ambiguity and is a self-starter.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, networking, prospect identification, and relationship-building.
- Strong project management skills and a track record of on-time delivery.
- Keen analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop recommendations.
- Interest in and knowledge of private sector participation/development issues in developing countries.
Candidates should be eligible to work in Canada.
Convergence is the global network for blended finance. We generate blended finance data, intelligence, and deal flow to increase private sector investment in developing countries. Blended finance is the use of catalytic public or philanthropic capital to increase private sector investment in places that need it most. Convergence’s global membership includes public, private, and philanthropic investors as well as sponsors of transactions and funds. Members include institutions such as MacArthur Foundation, FinDev Canada, the Nature Conservancy, and Credit Suisse. Convergence offers its members a curated, online platform to connect with each other on blended finance transactions in progress, as well as exclusive access to original market intelligence and knowledge products such as case studies, reports, training, and webinars. To accelerate advances in the field, Convergence also provides grants through its Design Funding program, for the design of vehicles that could attract private capital at scale.