- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Markham, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Careers that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following position: Executive Coordinator.
The Executive Coordinator provides primary support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the Chief International Programs Officer (CIPO). The position acts as the CEO’s primary coordinator and liaison for external relations. The Executive Coordinator assumes responsibility for filtering and coordination of projects; responds to requests; and collaborates on communications and stakeholder activities and initiatives. The position serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams, and is responsible for organizing the logistics for the quarterly Board Meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Support to the CEO and CIPO e.g. calendar management, expenses, meeting set-up and coordination, budget support, prepare correspondence, create reports/presentations, etc.;
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO and CIPO, with members of the Global Leadership Team (GLT), donors, staff, and others, on matters related to their programmatic initiatives;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO and CIPO;
- Arrange sometimes complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings; coordinate travel for relevant Global Leadership Team (GLT) members;
- Support CEO with ChildFund Alliance (CFA) ongoing activities and the bi-annual CEO forum;
- Process expenditures in the financial system for CEO Office, Programs and Policy (P&P) and Board Members;
- Responsible for annual membership/accreditation of various organizations e.g. CCCC, OCIC
- Provide support to the CIPO for the monthly Country Director meetings and meeting minutes; coordinate the Annual Director’s Meeting;
- Corporate intranet (SharePoint) maintenance for the CEO office and P&P;
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to CCFC’s Board of Directors;
- Coordinate the quarterly Board Meetings, annual AGM, Members of the Corporation;
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including coordination of bi-weekly meetings including the agenda and meeting minutes;
- Drafts written communications to external stake holders;
- Works with the ELT in coordinating the CEO's outreach activities and strategic initiatives;
- Support P&P Directors;
- Coordinate events, workshops, etc., as required;
- Comply with all CCFC policies and procedures;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Relevant post-secondary degree/diploma;
- 3- 5 years’ related work experience as an administrator/coordinator/project support officer or equivalent related experience;
- Knowledge, experience and/or interest of international development is an asset;
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail;
- Flexible to changing demands and priorities;
- Computer skills – must have strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, internet research; ability to learn customized software programs;
- Ability to set up PC based audio/visual systems, online or teleconference meetings;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute on innovative ideas;
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly aggregate and analyze information;
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity and ability to handle highly visible responsibilities;
- Ability to handle confidential information and situations with utmost tact and diplomacy;
- Able to handle stressful situations with measured calmness and decisiveness;
- Valid driver’s license and occasional availability of own vehicle for business use;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- A demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
CCFC offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to CCFC's Careers website: www.ccfcanada.ca/about-us/careers
Scroll down to the section: “View career opportunities available at CCFC”.
Search under Job Title for " Executive Coordinator". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided