Data Integrity Specialist
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position description: The Data Integrity Specialist is an integral part of the administrative department that supports The Career Foundation’s five full suite Employment Centres. Reporting to the Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services, the Data Integrity Specialist is responsible for the collection, tracking, and input of essential data from multiple channels, and ensuring that the information is complete and accurate. In addition, the Data Integrity Specialist is responsible for recording and maintaining data in internal and funder-mandated systems, analyzing and preparing various reports, and other essential duties.
- Position type: Full-time, leave-based contract up to June 2023
- Number of Positions: 1
- Experience Required: Minimum 2 years
- Reporting to: Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services
- Location: Islington & Hwy 401 in Etobicoke (with potential to temporarily work some days remotely from home on a hybrid-remote schedule). Must also be willing to travel to and perform work from other offices across the GTA.
- Start date: Immediately
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Enters confidential client data into internal and funder-mandated online systems with 100% accuracy.
- Assesses online reports, monitors progress of programs, and cross-references statistics with internal trackers.
- Updates client data and service history in online systems to reflect services received.
- Serves as an expert in internal and funder-mandated online systems (e.g., CaMS) and provides support to team members on same, as required.
- Assists with assembling and auditing client files according to The Career Foundation’s audit standards.
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic copies of client files.
- Communicates and follow-ups with staff members regarding any missing data, signatures, paperwork, etc. required for client files as submitted from their caseload and ensures that all follow-up information is included in each file.
- Performs routine file audits, ensuring data entered in all online systems corresponds accurately with hardcopy files.
- Completes file checklists to ensure all files are audit-ready.
- Tracks client service plans and ensures each file has all exit follow-ups completed.
- Supports staff as needed with entering client profiles in The Career Foundation’s databases and tracking systems.
- Performs full process for client file closures, including data verification, binding of documents, and filing as required.
- Conducts exit follow-ups with clients at regular intervals (3, 6, and 12 months), and records status updates in client files.
- Organizes and maintains physical and electronic filing system for the 5 Employment Centre sites.
- Generates dashboards using Microsoft Power BI, providing data visualization, and reporting to management.
- Analyzes data and performs data cleaning on available datasets prior to report generation.
- Covers front-desk reception and main phone line, as needed, for staff coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting / Budget Tracking:
- Updates and maintains client registration and budget tracking systems.
- Reports to manager on statistics, expenditures, and program targets for the 5 Employment Centre sites.
- Fulfils all reporting requirements for employment service documentation records.
- Assists in collecting and organizing financial information for budget preparation as needed.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date tracking of client supports budget.
- Collects and processes placement claims that are submitted to Finance department.
- Reconciles claims with budget allocations for each application/placement to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains up-to-date budget expenditures report in Microsoft Excel, ensuring timely entries into the systems
- Monitors budget commitments for each program based on monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
- Verifies and reconciles internal trackers with reports from the Finance department.
- Reviews target achievements and budget of expenditures for programs and advises management of discrepancies and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Post-secondary education in business administration, accounting, or finance, or equivalent practical work experience.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of proven, hands-on experience in a similar administrative support capacity.
- Strong attention-to-detail and ability to multi-task.
- Prior experience working with invoices and budgets and compiling statistical reports considered an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Zoom, and Outlook 365 applications, including Teams, SharePoint, Forms, and Bookings.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to uphold the organization’s service standards, policies, and core values.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information, exhibit tact, diplomacy, and good judgment, with high standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Capable of working under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- A professional and courteous approach to client service with a high level of respect for the diversity of the people served.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and work with new online systems and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to clearly communicate information in written reports and during team meetings.
- Strong organizational skills and very responsive and flexible to evolving responsibilities in order to respond to different priorities, with work varying from day-to-day.
- Fluency in English is required. A second language will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work from base office location in Etobicoke and be equipped to work remotely from home with reliable internet connection for a potential hybrid remote working schedule, as determined by the Manager, Data Governance, Quality Assurance and Administrative Services. Must also be willing to travel to and perform work from other offices across the GTA.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, during peak periods, when required.
About Us: The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. For more information, please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative, and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program
How to Apply: Please visit our website at https://careerfoundation.com/join-our-team and select the position you would like to apply for from our list of vacancies. You can complete the application form directly through our website. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.