Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement – going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving. Reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing, YSM is seeking a full time, Manager, Marketing & Communications to manage the creative development and execution and distribution of all print and digital materials to support YSM fundraising, donor relations, campaign and programs aligned with YSM strategic goals.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, experienced professional with a can-do attitude who understands the importance of brand consistency and translating strategy into marketing communications.
- To develop and implement an annual Marketing and Communications plan in conjunction with the Director of Development and Marketing.
- To manage the creative development of all print and digital communications in support of fundraising and brand initiatives, facilitate all approvals from stakeholders and project manage the production and fulfillment process.
- To research, conduct interviews and synthesize information to create content in a variety of styles for YSM website, newsletters, media releases, campaign presentations etc.
- To create effective monitoring and analysis capabilities so that the results of marketing and communication tools can be accurately measured and within budget.
- Develop and deploy all stewardship email appeals through Luminate Online using established templates, ensuring proper execution of related donation pages and performance tracking.
- To manage the content and technical aspects of the YSM website, including ongoing website development, website traffic tracking through Google suite of analytics
- To develop internal relationships to increase access to individual and community stories, program benefits and unique features to support fundraising.
- To develop and manage the Marketing and Communications expense budget.
- To develop a Media Relations Program to support campaign initiatives, events and to earn media response to YSM initiatives.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Demonstrated life commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, principles of mission and values
- 3-5 years working experience in a similar role, ideally non-profit.
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing and/or Communications/PR.
- Working experience with Luminate Online or experience with similar email deployment systems
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to reprioritize in a fast-paced service-oriented environment.
- Strong project management & problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- A police check will be required
Send resume, cover letter with salary expectations in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org include in the email subject line: “Manager, Marketing and Communications”. The deadline for application is February 15, 2019.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Organization Description not provided