Crisis Counsellors- PT
- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Brantford, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
St. Leonard’s Community Services has been an established part of the community for more than 50 years, and is accredited for our excellence in serving children, youth, adults and families within the communities we serve.
Our staff enjoy:
- ‘Perks’ such as a fitness benefit; Employee Assistance Plan; participation in pension/RSP/TFSA plans; and group health & dental plans where premiums are 100% paid by the Agency (Full Time staff)
- An Agency committed to ensuring their physical and mental health/safety is paramount
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Supportive, collaborative teamwork, where diversity is respected, and hard work is recognized
The Integrated Mental Health & Addictions Crisis Network provides immediate crisis support and/or counseling for individuals experiencing mental health, addictions or situational crisis for all ages. The crisis counsellor will assess each situation to determine the best way to help.
As a Crisis Counsellor for our phone and walk-in services, you would respond to client needs by:
- Providing risk assessments and referrals
- Conducting crisis intervention and stabilization
- Offering solution-focused counselling
- Liaising with resources, supports and referral sources
Hourly wage: $21.17 plus shift premiums
Hours of work: Primarily weekends, with shifts ranging from 8 am to midnight, although schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the program.
Start date: September 3, 2019
TO APPLY, YOU MUST:
- Have a college diploma in the Human/Social Services field, with a University Degree in a related Social Sciences preferred
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ counselling experience in an Addictions and/or Mental Health setting, with specific experience working with individuals in crisis situations
- Be proficient in MS Office and be familiar with databases
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Be able to manage frequent exposure to direct trauma
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519.759.8156
Apply by July 25, 2019
Reference: Crisis Counsellor
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Leonard's Community Services is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. The Agency encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
Organization Description not provided