Human Resources Coordinator
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Markham, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Careers that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) is currently recruiting for the following position:
Human Resources Coordinator (13-month contract)
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the contract position contributes to a variety of Human Resources (HR) projects and on-going responsibilities within CCFC. The HR Coordinator provides the following services across all seven (7) offices: communication support for HR programs; support recruitment processes, employee orientation and onboarding program; maintain HR files; ensure data accuracy and integrity in HCM (HRIS system); policy and procedure writing. The Coordinator will perform a range of administrative and project management support duties related to the daily operations of the HR function. Special assignments/projects at the discretion of the VP, Human Resources or her designate.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Staffing: support the recruitment and selection process by drafting interview questionnaires, conducting pre-screening activities, candidate testing, reference checks, and preparing verbal/written offers.
- Onboarding/Orientation: oversee logistics, scheduling, procedures and delivery of orientation sessions for employees joining CCFC. Coordinate procedures for staff changing employment status within the organization.
- Position Descriptions: draft, update and assist with analysis of position descriptions.
- Employee Relations: model positive, constructive communications, CCFC values and related behavioural practices. Maintain employee information on eVillage (intranet), CCFC website, and other employee communication channels.
- Compensation and Benefits: assist in the preparation and submission of compensation surveys; ensure HCM is updated to reflect compensation decisions.
- Performance Management and Evaluation: assist with the development of annual logistics, processes and develop employee communications.
- HCM and Records Management: assist in implementation and maintenance of HR information. Collect and maintain up-to-date employee information. Draft and run reports. Manage record keeping for confidential information including employee files. Coordinate processing and records management of Criminal Reference Checks. Provide back-up administration duties, as needed.
- Research and Writing: research, collect, compile and draft information for policies and procedures, employment legislation topics, compensation and benefits surveys. Prepare reports with summary findings and recommendations.
- Comply with all CCFC policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (Human Resources Management program);
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related position;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Working experience on HRIS application(s);
- Knowledge of applicable employment legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in crafting employee communications an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills modelling positive, constructive communications with contacts at all levels across the organization;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to build positive working relationships; ability to collaborate, influence and persuade;
- Quality-oriented; high attention to detail; accountability for results;
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong customer service orientation in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Team player, adaptable to changing priorities and demands of the job; tenacious with meeting deadlines;
- Strong commitment to staff privacy; ability to demonstrate confidentiality, diplomacy and tact;
- Demonstrated sensitivity to different cultures and multi-faith environment;
- A demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Vision, Mission and Values.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined, skills and interest, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to CCFC's Careers & Opportunities website: www.ccfcanada.ca/about-us/careers
Search under Job Title for "Human Resources Coordinator" or under Location for "Markham".
Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting and submit your résumé, covering letter and gross salary expectations.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided