Psychogeriatric Case Manager
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Psychogeriatric Case Manager.
The Psychogeriatric Case Manager is responsible for serving older adults and seniors most of who are be living with mental illness and/or addiction challenges. A key component of the position will be the building of a support network of community resources, which will empower the individual and increase their independence, dignity and self-respect in a safer secure environment. They require direct service and support in areas such as daily living, crisis management and linking to other services within both the agency and the broader community.
*Note: Staff will also be required to work in residents’ rooms/apartment units and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. There may be some evening and weekend hours involved. In addition, a satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Assisting clients in the development and implementation of care plans tailored to clients’ needs and designed to improve quality of life
- Conducting assessments such as RAI and OCAN and providing timely and accurate records and reports
- Providing supportive counselling or referral and linkages to health care, programs or service providers
- Providing crisis management/intervention and assist in the development of crisis plans for clients
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Human Services or equivalent.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience supporting older adults and seniors with significant mental health-psycho geriatric, cognitive and addiction challenges.
- Completion of Gerontology is an asset
- An understanding of the Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles, and the ability to operationalise them.
- Counseling and responding skills, with well developed problem solving abilities.
- Good oral and written skills in English.
- An understanding of the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities.
- Knowledge of available community resources and supports in the GTA.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with workers from a variety of agencies.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with other mental health professionals from hospital settings and the wider community.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “PCM – St Anne’s” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: June 28, 2021