Development Officer, Grants
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city.
Evergreen is currently seeking a Development Officer to complement our Toronto team. The person in this role will work closely with program teams to identify prospects, develop funding proposals, cultivate foundations and be responsible for managing a portfolio of regional and national fundraising accounts. The successful candidate will combine strong research and writing skills with demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking, attention to detail and an ability to translate project vision into fundable proposals. We are seeking someone who will be a great team player, and with the confidence to collaborate effectively with program delivery colleagues, external partners and senior leaders.
Account Development & Stewardship
- Manage a file load of prospects & funders, including government, foundations and corporate foundations
- Work closely with programming teams to reflect program ambitions in funding proposals, and ensure accurate reporting of progress
- Steward existing funder relationships, and ensure timely and appropriate communication, recognition, and reporting
- Ensure proper donor recognition, and obtain funder approval
Grants Pipeline Coordination
- Actively seek out new sources of revenue, and keep abreast of changes in the funding environment to feed our prospect pool
- Maintain a calendar of fundraising deadlines for foundation, government and corporate grants and upcoming reports
- Ensure accurate and up to date activity tracking for assigned accounts and to ensure timely prospect clearance in the Raisers Edge database
- Participate in the planning and articulation of program development, and represent fundraising priorities in doing so
Senior Fundraiser Support
- Provide account support to senior fundraisers and Management Team as needed in times of heavy deadlines
- Support programming colleagues in the development and submission of funding proposals, project budgets and reports
- Represent Evergreen at local fundraising and public awareness events
- Communication. Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner, using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations, and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrates composure in stressful situations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Acts without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Manager, Grants & Foundations
- Diploma/degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of grant and/or proposal writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling written materials for a variety of audiences
- Experience using fundraising software i.e. Raiser’s Edge
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of urban sustainability and environmental issues an asset
- Program development experience an asset
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset
- Occasional evenings and weekends in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events
Organization Description not provided