Social Purpose Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
This position is responsible for providing general administration, sales, and marketing support to the members of the Impakt team.
Book Meetings and Travel
- Strong emphasis on scheduling and calendar management including following up, acting as a liaison with various individuals both internally and externally, coordinate meetings between internal and external parties
- Scheduling and booking travel for client projects and sales
Liaison with Director of Finance
- Prepare and process payment of invoices and monthly tracking of operating expenses
- Track all outstanding invoices and follow-up after 30 days if not received
- Issue payments as required
- Online payroll processing
- Compile and review presentations, reports and other documents of a routine nature using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Liaison with landlord when necessary
- Provide support for additional administrative and/or client needs as they arise
- Manage contracts by renewing when appropriate and ensuring all new contractors have signed letters of agreement
- Initiate improvements to optimize the efficiency of office administration
- Manage and build out sales pipeline including communication and relationship tracking (primarily through Hubspot online)
- Research potential new Impakt clients
- Prepare sales briefing documents in advance of meeting with new clients
- Debriefing with Impakt team after they have sales meetings
- Draft proposals
- Coordinate responses to RFPs
- Develop an integrated marketing plan in conjunction with Impakt team
- Implement specific marketing tactics (e.g. social media, newsletters, public relations, events, etc.) as per marketing plan
- Schedule website, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn updates
- Ensure consistency with website and social media updates/ postings
- As needed, the social program coordinator shall support the Impakt team with tasks including, but not limited to: project research, technical support, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years office experience an asset
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Attention to detail
- A professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Efficient, self-motivated and committed to delivering high quality outputs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other technical requirements
- Experience with Quickbooks, WordPress and Adobe are an asset
- Interest in social change
Impakt transforms the world by solving social problems
We believe that real and lasting social change is within reach. Our promise is to do everything we can to help end poverty, protect the planet and increase opportunity, wellbeing and prosperity for all.
Impakt has helped organizations including Business Development Bank, Community Food Centres Canada, De Beers, Eli Lilly, Green Shield, The Home Depot Canada Foundation, John Deere, McCain Foods, McKesson Foundation, Nestlé, Petro-Canada, Pfizer, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Scotiabank, Sobeys, Statoil, Starbucks, Telus International, 3M to make social change indivisible with business performance.
Everything we do is based on a human-centered approach that delivers insight, not just information. From this inclusive approach we uncover new ways for businesses to benefit from solving social problems and funders to achieve their social objectives.
Impakt Advisory – our B Corp helps organizations improve business and social performance. Impakt Labs – our non-profit organization uses social innovation to design and incubate social enterprises and innovative solutions to social problems.
We have a proven track record of developing innovative programs for corporations and civil society organizations. HireUpYouth.ca is the world’s only job portal for youth who’ve experienced homelessness. Impakt was also a recipient of 3M’s Global Award for Marketing Excellence.
We have been thought leaders for over 17 years and provide a credible external perspective to inform the development of this important new piece of communication. We also have relationships with many of the world’s most credible media sources (e.g. Advertising Age, Forbes, The Globe and Mail and The Guardian).
Impakt’s Global Advisory Council includes academics, professionals and non-profit leaders from countries including Poland, The United Kingdom, Chile and India. The Council guides Impakt’s mission of transforming the world by helping businesses and civil society organizations solve social problems.
People with Impakt
Our team has expertise in a range of disciplines essential to helping organizations benefit from solve social problems including research, strategic planning, organizational change, social enterprise development, branding and marketing and social finance. Collectively our experience in creating shared value programs at the intersection of business and social change is unmatched.