Program Manager, Portal Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
This is a full time, permanent role, with oversight of technology development and deployment, stakeholder engagement, training and service desk.
The Program Manager oversees the AFMC Student Portal Services, and is responsible for stakeholder relationships, user experience and the strategic direction of portal services at AFMC. The AFMC Student Portal is a bilingual information hub and centralized application service for visiting electives for all Canadian faculties of medicine. It is used by ~ 3000 students a year during their Medical Doctorate (MD) education to book elective sessions in medical specialties across the country. The portal address is https://www.afmcstudentportal.ca/.
This position reports to the Director, Data and Information Services.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for Portal software services enhancement and expansion;
- Oversees change management for the program by defining, delivering, and supporting the maintenance and upgrades of the Portal software services;
- Manage client relations through the implementation of help desk policies, procedures and support documentation;
- Oversee regular communication activities for stakeholders and client user groups;
- Oversee contract/consultant work and procurement activities – e.g., develop and issue RFPs, evaluate proposals, implement contracts, monitor timelines and deliverables;
- Manage program finances – e.g., ensure alignment of expenditures with budget, review and submit cash flow reports, manage contracts and professional fees;
- Participate in the development of business plans;
- Oversee and present program information, research analyses, reports, and other communication materials in a clear and concise manner;
- Manage training for client user groups;
- Collaborate on disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security, payment card industry standards and other control structures related to the Portal software services;
- Manage, mentor, and set performance targets for direct reports to achieve and exceed objectives; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Program and Communications Assistant
- Business Analyst
- Help Desk
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field;
- 5-7 years significant program/project management for web and software-based services/coordination experience;
- Experience in developing and implementing road maps or strategic plans for technology platforms;
- Understanding of post-secondary administration systems for educational program requirements, in particular with Quebec-based institutions (e.g. Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire);
- Experience working with committees/groups on regional or national initiatives;
- Experience in the health education sector;
- Experience in supervision of staff;
- PMP/PgMP or ITIL Certification(s) would be an asset.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and ensure outcomes are within timelines, budget and scope;
- Presentation skills suitable to C-level executives;
- Functions effectively in a team setting and builds collaborative cross-functional relationships;
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work independently; and,
- Skilled problem solver; escalates complex issues as needed.
- Bilingual in English in French (required)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints in both languages.
AFMC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until March 29, 2019. Please forward your résumé and cover letter to HR@afmc.ca. Please indicate in the subject line “Program Manager, Portal Services”. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided