- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- New Westminster and Burnaby, BC
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women and girls affected by the justice system.
EFry is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
We are looking for a Part-time male Family Counsellor.
To provide families with goal-oriented home and community-based service activities with multiple components to prevent out-of-home placement and reduce risk of maltreatment.
Family Counsellors will provide counselling support to parents experiencing domestic violence, serious conflict and Therapeutic Visitation. Therapeutic visitation employs therapeutic and educational interventions in order to support the development of healthier parent-child relationships. Family Counsellors will develop, implement, and evaluate the most effective intervention plan in order to ensure the safety of children, the family, and the community.
- Screen, assess, and provide interventions through a variety of established intervention techniques in order to resolve any issues of safety that would prevent a child from being maintained in the home of their biological parent or guardian.
- Facilitate the development of parenting capacity.
- Provide services within an ethno-cultural framework, ensuring that the family’s culture and values are seen as strengths and are integrated into service plans.
- Participate as part of an Integrated Case Management team, where appropriate, to support the goals and needs of families and children.
- Participate in the evaluation of services provided, planning activities, and other continuous quality improvement processes.
- Complete all documentation and reports in the time frame and format required.
- Actively liaise with MCFD and other community stakeholders, to support the family.
- Participate in clinical supervision and adhere to the policy and practices of the Society.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MA or related degree
- Registered with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- Have a good understanding of cultural sensitivities related to the South Asian Community
- Fluency in languages such Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu an advantage
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice for family preservation, and supervised visitation
- Experience facilitating group therapy
- Must have own vehicle and valid BC Driver’s Licence and clean driver’s abstract. Mileage is provided
- Local Police Clearance and Provincial Vulnerable Sector clearance checks
EFry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Organization Description not provided