Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Analyst will work with the other members of the Performance and Quality Improvement team to meet the performance measurement and other reporting needs of LOFT staff, program directors, and senior management. This individual will manage end-to-end activities within the business intelligence function to support operational and strategic reporting, quality improvement and self-serve reporting initiatives.
*Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Design and develop end-to-end reporting solutions through the business intelligence platform to meet the organization’s reporting needs and support the strategic plan;
- Lead the technical design and development by translating business requirements into functional and technical requirements for the Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence solutions.
- Manage all stages of the Business Intelligence data architecture modelling process including definition, development and documentation of the metadata layers, logical model, physical model, semantic model, user administration, environment optimization etc.
- Deliver scalable data and reporting solutions by presenting raw data into actionable insights, using creative and interactive visualizations methods, with a focus on both push and self-serve analytics.
- In conjunction with the operational analysts, develop, document and conduct test cases and test plans for different test scenarios such as Data quality, Security and Access Control, Database integrity, Functional testing, Usability testing, Business Cycle testing, Load and Stress testing. Coordinate testing and report progress on Unit, System, QA and User Acceptance testing. Coordinate activities with Database Developer as needed.
- Develop documentation representing the user experience including use cases, user stories, wireframes, user interface prototypes / mock-ups and related artefacts in coordination with business users and other stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Database Developer to perform business and technical analysis and evaluation concerning the Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Performance Measurement requirements.
- Develop and maintain all necessary end-user business documents.
- Work with director to develop and maintain Business Intelligence roadmap and release management process.
- Support and serve as the backup to the data warehouse developer in BI system administration duties.
- Leverage train-the-trainer model to streamline the implementation process and increase user adoption.
- Participate in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
- Participate in all relevant integration projects (data sources, systems, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree in related field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent) required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with the development and administration of business intelligence platform(s). Specific experience with Microstrategy and its mobile platform is an asset.
- Experience in the design, development and deployment of business intelligence projects from end to end; knowledge of best practices in advance data visualization tools and techniques (reports, dashboards).
- Knowledge of business intelligence application development concepts and best practices; knowledge of business intelligence security best practices.
- Advance knowledge of BI semantic layer, aggregation design, presentation layer, mobile delivery.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, OLAP, ETL best practices, relational/ multidimensional databases, data mining principles.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel; strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically.
- Detail-oriented and process-driven with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts in a manner which is simple and easy to understand.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills including ability to resolve conflicts, diplomacy, achieve consensus and able to work comfortably with staff and external stakeholders, including clinicians.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix structure, but with minimal supervision as a self-starter.
- Understanding of Ontario healthcare system, organization, policies, and data structures is an asset.
- Understanding of project management principles and PMBOK guidelines.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting email@example.com or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE REPORTING ANALYST” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2021