Supervisor, Healing Team
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Classification: Regular Full-Time
Hours: 35 hrs/wk.
Location: 30 College St.
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Indigenous population we serve. We encourage First Nations, Metis and Inuit applicants to apply and please self-identify in their cover letter.
Under the direction of the Manager, Clinical Services, the Supervisor, Healing Team 1:
- Provides supervision of front-line Children’s Mental Health Workers and Case Managers
- Provides direct supervision to staff, including hiring, determining work priorities, assigning duties, providing direction and training, setting performance standards, conducting performance appraisals, and taking corrective or disciplinary action if necessary.
- Provides direction to clinical staff and relays corporate mandates, goals and objectives.
- Serves as a clinical resource and provides or arranges for clinic training.
- Ensures staff are addressing the cultural needs of the clients, including utilization of Elders and Traditional Teachers.
- Maintains client, employee and company confidentiality.
- Assists with partnering opportunities, linkage/support agreements and other critical relationships with internal and external resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of community resources and social service providers, may also attend community planning committees.
- Liaises between staff and clients as necessary; liaises with all related resources and stakeholders as required.
- Enforces program Policies and Procedures and funder requirements, including compilation of reports.
- Prepares briefs, proposals, reports and data records as required.
- Participates and contributes to the work of the management circle.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a closely related field and/or a combination of education and lived experience
- Three years of experience in a clinical supervisory/management role
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff in the areas of coaching, setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with NCFST plans and vision
- Experience organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Familiarity with operational functions as they relate to managing attendance, vacation, sick time, etc.
- Experience in program development and using Coyote Caseworks is an asset.
- Pass a Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
- Demonstrated understanding, and commitment to, integrating the Native Child and Family Services of Toronto Mission and values in to practice, service and relationships.
- Understanding and grounding in cultural and social issues affecting Indigenous people.
- Strong clinical skills in both contemporary and Indigenous traditional approaches to healing.
- Knowledge of relevant Acts, Regulations, Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation.
- Leadership skills to provide direction, guidance and advice to staff; ability to lead a team through organizational change.
- Excellent listening skills and adept conflict resolution/ problem solving.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and generate ideas and benefits for the Agency.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, to maintain effective communication and working relationships, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, tact, sensitivity and build strong internal relationships.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply by email on or before July 8, 2019 email@example.com quoting reference number #19-06-05.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided