Officer, Member Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
POSITION: Officer, Member Services
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Manager, Conference and Member Services, and working closely with CIP staff, volunteers, and stakeholders, the Officer, Member Services provides key support to the overall membership objectives of CIP. This position works closely with all categories of CIP members, coordinates recruitment and retention programs, assists with providing exceptional membership value, and contributes to maintaining strong relationships with Canada’s Provincial and Territorial Institutes and Associations (PTIAs).
ABOUT CIP: The Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) is a member-based organization that works on behalf of over 7,000 planning professionals across Canada. Our members work on many important issues, from planning new communities, to expanding public transit and bike paths, to bolstering aging infrastructure (and much more!). As such, our organization is involved in conversations on how our communities can be more resilient to climate change, how to create more healthy communities, what it means to support reconciliation in our communities, and in international issues, including how to implement the United Nations’ New Urban Agenda.
CIP promotes a collaborative and positive working environment – we believe diversity and inclusion are key to a respectful workplace and are committed to fostering these values.
We are looking for a team member who will bring their energy, expertise, creativity, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn new things. We offer a positive and fast-paced environment, with opportunities for career growth, and the ability to make a positive impact on Canada’s urban and rural communities.
- Works with the Manager, Conference and Member Services, in the development and execution of a comprehensive membership services strategy.
- Proactively proposes new and unique ideas and experiences to support CIP’s membership and subscriber strategy.
- Assists with the development of templates and processes to capture corporate knowledge, best practices, and document membership protocols.
- Develops, implements, and monitors CIP’s member recruitment, retention, and re-engagement activities.
- Works with Communications to develop membership materials and promote membership value to current and prospective members.
- Maintains membership section of the CIP website in both official languages, ensures clarity of content and communicates value to members and subscribers.
- Aides in coordinating the CIP annual membership renewal process.
- Replies to requests for information from members and non-members.
- Coordinates development and distribution of membership information, such as mailings, acceptance letters, MCIP lists and certificates, and membership kits.
- Monitors and supports affinity programs, and provides reports as needed.
- Provides membership/administrative services to PTIAs, as documented in agreements.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new database capabilities (i.e., e-billing, etc.) to improve membership processes and facilitate service delivery and communication to members.
- Administers the CIP membership database.
- Inputs new and revised membership data.
- Approves and formats job posting requests.
- Works with the financial department to track and monitor membership and subscriber invoicing and payments.
- Maintains appropriate processes, files, databases, and correspondence required for membership and the CIP office operations.
- Provides administrative support for CIP’s annual general meetings, annual conference, and special projects, as
- When necessary, manages CIP’s “admin” e-mail, responds to inquiries, and redirects messages to appropriate staff.
- Assists in the administrative and program support for committees and award programs, as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and background:
- College diploma or university degree;
- A high degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and experience with membership database;
- Excellent oral skills in English and French;
- Strong written communications skills in English (French, an asset);
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills in developing professional relationships with co-workers, suppliers, members, students, and numerous other professional contacts.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments at once, with minimal supervision;
- Aptitude for and commitment to excellent customer service and the ongoing pursuit of quality principles and process improvement;
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and judgment in cases involving confidential, sensitive, or controversial matters;
- Ability to commit to the continuous improvement of internal systems and procedures for program and service delivery;
- Process-driven, highly organized, and exceptionally professional approach.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, creativity, and flexibility;
- Willingness to pursue training and develop new skills to meet changing workplace demands;
- Self-motivated and can work independently;
- Equally comfortable contributing in a team environment;
- Physical strength – lifting 30+ lbs and the ability to stand long hours (trade shows);
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License an asset.
COMPENSATION: $45,000-$48,000/year, plus a comprehensive benefits package, generous paid annual and personal leave (plus paid leave during the annual winter holiday office closure), an RRSP contribution matching program, and professional development opportunities.
CLOSING DATE: CIP is looking to fill this position ASAP and will assess applications as they are received. Accordingly, there is no closing date for this posting. The application process for this posting will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applicants.
APPLICATIONS: CIP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from a diverse group of individuals.
Applicants are asked to submit a detailed C.V., including a summary of relevant knowledge and workplace experience; and a cover letter addressing the duties, skills and abilities, and hard qualifications for the position, explaining why you are well suited to the position. The cover letter and C.V. must be sent as a single PDF document to Marisa Lingard at email@example.com.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Organization Description not provided