Intensive Child & Family Services Worker
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- North York, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
At Griffin Centre, we assist over 8,500 people each year to recognize their strengths, achieve their goals and improve their lives. Griffin Centre promotes positive change for vulnerable youth and adults with mental health challenges and/or developmental disabilities and their families. We are dedicated to delivering innovative services and developing creative partnerships that enhance lives and communities.
We offer: Competitive salaries, supplemental health benefits, paid vacation and sick days, collaborative and inclusive work environment, and most of all, a chance to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable youth and adults.
Griffin Centre is currently hiring a 1 year contract Intensive Child & Family Services Worker within Youth/Family Support Services.
The major position responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide time limited, intensive, flexible and accessible treatment services in community settings in collaboration with, and as an extension of, the service plan developed by the service coordinator for the youth/family;
- Assess client needs and strengths to support the development of an effective service plan.
- Provide genuine feedback on clients’ progress to achieve goals;
- Assist youth and families with the development of parenting skills, anger management skills, coping strategies, etc. and provide supporting and coaching skill development;
- Manage caseload to ensure that all clients are receiving the appropriate level of care, prioritizing appropriately;
- Express warmth verbally and non-verbally, reflecting positives, strengths, and affective cognitive and behavioural information skilfully;
- Complete In-home or community assessment observations, as a means to better understand family dynamics and sources of concern;
- In collaboration with Service Coordinators, attend case conferences, psychological consultation, school meetings/ IPRC with the client and family to help advocate on their behalf and to help ensure needs are being met;
- Maintain the client record as per agency standards and prepare reports as per agency policies.
We are interested in candidates with the following qualifications:
- B.S.W. or C.Y.W. or equivalent, with at least 2 years of professional experience or combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge, skills and professional expertise to provide direct clinical service to youth and families;
- Thorough understanding of systems and their impact on youth and families;
- Experience in providing clinical services in the community using non-traditional, outreach and/or home based techniques/models;
- A self-starter with an ability to work independently, as well as within an established team structure;
- Above-average oral and written communication skills including report writing, excellent organizational abilities;
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft applications;
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable car with $1,000,000 P.L.& P.D. insurance coverage is an asset;
- Fluency in French or a second language is advantageous.
If you have the above qualifications and are ready to make a difference, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 9, 2019. Please quote file # 27-19 in the subject line of the e-mail.
Griffin Centre offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process. If you are contacted by Griffin Centre regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation in the recruitment process.
We thank everyone for their interest but will only contact candidates selected for an interview.
GRIFFIN CENTRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY AND WELCOME APPLICANTS FROM ALL CULTURES, ABILITIES, AND SEXUAL AND GENDER IDENTITIES.
Organization Description not provided