- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Development Officer - Relay Education
Relay Education is seeking an experienced fundraiser to be part of a dynamic team, working together to realize our mission to educate and inspire people in building a 100% renewable energy future.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the continued growth of the charity’s programming across Canada – where we engage over 14,000 people every year.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, motivated and believes strongly in the value of engaging youth and communities in sustainable energy solutions.
The Development Officer (DO) will report to and work closely with the Executive Director. The DO will be the primary driver of the charity’s fundraising efforts, based out of Relay Education’s head office in Toronto, ON. The Development Officer will have a well-rounded fundraising background, with proven success in:
- Corporate giving, sponsorship and employee engagement
- Annual & Major giving
- Donor cultivation and stewardship
About Relay Education:
Relay Education’s mission is to educate, inspire and assist individuals and communities in building a 100% renewable energy future. We believe the future can bring a healthy, prosperous planet led by informed citizens and powered by renewable energy sources.
Relay delivers renewable energy education programs in classrooms and communities across Canada – creating systemic change for a greener future and fostering the next generation of renewable energy leaders.
Development Officer responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic fundraising plans, in collaboration with Relay Education’s Executive Director.
- Maintain and grow Relay Education’s partnerships with corporate donors and sponsors.
- Lead the identification and acquisition of existing and new revenue streams i.e. corporate donations, sponsorships, and individual giving
- Develop and launch Relay Education’s first major gift program.
- Effectively identify, acquire and steward annual and monthly donors (inc. direct mail and online appeals).
- Work closely with Communication Manager to develop communications strategy and effective, donor communications (including reporting, stewardship pieces), web-based experience, social media strategies related to development.
- Oversee data management, donations processing, including maintaining and updating internal policies/procedures
- Work with Programming team and partners to write funding proposals for new and existing programming.
- Track and produce stewardship/impact reports for corporate and other partners
- Ability to lead and execute intimate donor engagement and stewardship events
- Keep the organization current in relevant philanthropic trends, opportunities and best practices, in alignment with CRA guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a wide network of external relationships with sponsors, donors, community liaisons, energy industry representatives, volunteers, media, education officials.
- Ability to travel periodically within Canada.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience in a generalist fundraising role.
- College diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/professional experience.
- Excellent track record in setting and achieving fund development targets.
- Strong track record of donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Experience and success in identifying, planning, building and sustaining effective, strategic corporate partnerships including cause-marketing, sponsorships and charitable giving.
- Success in developing and managing annual giving and monthly giving programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with a variety of audiences, including donors, volunteers, committees, senior management and corporate partners.
- Works well independently to achieve results and solve problems.
- Ability to be a team player amongst a smaller team and a casual working environment.
- Enthusiasm and a positive, engaging approach.
- Ability to inspire donors, volunteers, staff team, media, partners.
- Experience with donor management software.
- Fluency in French considered an asset.
- Experience securing major donors considered an asset.
- Ability to establish and monitor priorities, remain flexible, meet deadlines, and have fun.
- Sparking interest, innovation and creative problem-solving
- Diversity in perspectives and participation
- Environmental stewardship and climate change mitigation
- Hands-on learning and teaching
- Collaborative partnerships and co-learning for program design and delivery
- Celebrating successes; and
- Having fun while making a positive impact!
- Do you believe the transition to sustainable energy is essential in Canada? Join our team today!
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary rate is competitive for an experienced development professional in the environmental non-profit sector and will be based on skills, experience and qualifications of the successful candidate. Benefits include:
- Salary of $47,000 - $57,000; will commensurate with experience
- 3 weeks of holidays per year plus a health & wellness allowance
- flexible work hours
- training and development opportunities
Further terms of employment will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
Organization Description not provided