- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- York Region, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
CHATS Transportation Program is looking for a Driver
CHATS Transportation service is designed for frail seniors and adults over the age of 18 with a physical or cognitive condition needing a non-medical escort.
Drivers provide local and long distance drives to medical appointments, day programs, grocery shopping, personal errands and social outings. Driver assistance to seniors includes support in and out of vehicle, with groceries and some mobility equipment (walkers). Vehicle and gas card are supplied.
- We are looking for a Driver to drive seniors/residents of Vaughan, Thornhill and Richmond Hill Area to their appointments. CHATS Transportation program operates Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. There are no week-end drives.
- Drives are assigned based on the demand and we cannot guarantee the hours of work. If you are committed and flexible in accepting drives from Monday to Friday between the hours of 10:00 am to 6:00 pm., we would love you to join our team. You may expect work hours from 20 to 35 hours per week.
- Hourly rate: $15.15 plus 4% vacation pay, paid bi-weekly.
Requirements for the positions include:
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s License, with excellent driving record
- Must be of 25 and up years of age for insurance purposes
- Minimum 3 years’ experience driving a mini-van
- Strong communication, customer service and time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Participates as a team member and works with others to achieve program goals.
- Understands and uses excellent transferring techniques with clients.
- Experience in a community setting working with the frail elderly.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid, an asset.
- Proficiency in both official languages (English & French) and/or other language(s), an asset
CHATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodation will be provide to individuals with disability, upon request
To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHATS is a not-for-profit organization launched in 1980 by a caring group of community members who believed in enhancing the independence of seniors living at home. Today, CHATS enhances the health, wellness and independence of more than 8,100 York Region, Bradford West Gwillimbury and New Tecumseth seniors and caregivers each year, through a full range of in-home and community services provided by a dedicated team of 300 staff and more than 500 volunteers.
Organization Description not provided