- Job Type
- Foreign Assignment
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Vaughan, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Coach – Bounce Back Program
Permanent, Full-time, 35 hours per week, evenings and weekends will be required
Closing Date: June 11, 2019 | 4:00 pm
Start Date: September 3, 2019
Competition #: 2019-040
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Our Organizational Values:
Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, evenings and weekends will be required
Location: Vaughan + possibility of remote work access after successful completion of the probationary period and performance review
Job Profile: COME GROW WITH US AND MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT EVERY DAY!!
What started as a Mental Health Service in York Region and South Simcoe, has now transitioned to proudly serving residents across the Province of Ontario. As we continue to grow our team, we are looking for 16 new Coaches to join our passionate, dedicated, and “BRAVE” team!
This position is responsible for providing telephone support to coach referred clients through a structured and scripted coaching program, for mild to moderate anxiety and depression. The coaching program is delivered in a series of sessions over approximately 2-3 months for each participant. The Coach will provide guided self-help support via telephone-based on specific workbook concepts and activities, and administer pre and post-program structured questionnaires to measure the client’s quality of life and symptoms of anxiety & depression. The Coach will liaise and report any client concerns or safety issues to the client’s primary health care provider and maintain patient records documenting progress through the program. The Coach will also receive clinical support through feedback from Clinical Psychologists and will be required to adhere to clinical directives. The incumbent is also required to perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building, demonstrate effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment, and demonstrate confidence in decision-making and in building relationships.
Note: Please note that there is a mandatory 11 week training period.
- High School Diploma is required
- Strong English skills in verbal, written and reading comprehension
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to demonstrate a caring and compassionate demeanor while communicating with clients on the phone
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong second language capabilities (verbal, written and reading comprehension skills) in the following languages:
- Ability to interpret written materials quickly and accurately; relaying information to clients on the phone
- Ability to apply Recovery principles/empowerment-oriented philosophies/practices in work with clients
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Flexibility in work schedule (days, evenings, weekends)
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
- Post-secondary education in Health Services an asset
- Knowledge of the Ontario Mental Health Act, Mental Health Reform Principles, the Substitute Decisions Act, the Health Care Consent Act and PHIPA requirements is an asset
- Training or experience in Coaching and/or a Call Centre environment is an asset
- Familiarity through direct personal experience or that of family and friends living with Mental Health issues is an asset
- Experience working with individuals experiencing mental illness is an asset
- Experience and knowledge of client information systems an asset
- Additional languages with strong verbal, written and reading comprehension skills in the following are an asset:
At CMHA-York Region we encourage career development and provide comprehensive training for all of our Bounce Back Coaches. Due to the nature of training within the Bounce Back Program, successful candidates must remain in this position for a minimum of 12 months before exploring other career opportunities within our CMHA family.
This position supports the Bounce Back program; reports to and is supervised by the Manager.
Working Conditions: Office work. Sitting at a desk and communicating over the phone for long periods of time i.e. a tele agent environment. Day, evening and weekend hours are required.
In keeping with Mental Health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here
Why work for CMHA-York Region?
We are a team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and that our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement, and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. We risk, we learn and we take the opportunity to continuously improve our skills, the way we function as a team, and, ultimately, how we deliver services.
We are a team committed to Mental Health for all in York Region and South Simcoe and we are looking for committed, caring people like you! Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow the link on this posting or visit the Career section of our website. Complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume (PDF or Word) together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, outlining how your experience matches our requirements, and addressing the Human Resources Department, quoting Competition # 2019-040.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome persons with lived experience, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTTQ+, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email AODA@cmha-yr.on.ca
Online: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised that if you are currently active in another recruitment cycle, you will not be eligible for this position.
Organization Description not provided