- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Peel Children's Centre (PCC) is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager. PCC is looking for a mid-level Project Management professional with strong leadership skills and a preference for working in a collaborative work environment.
Reporting to the Chief Officer, System Integration, the incumbent will work closely with senior leadership and management to establish project management as a core organizational competency to improve capacity, accountability, efficiency and effectiveness. The Project Manager will develop, implement, support, and continuously improve a strategic project management business solution to consistently focus and drive organizational performance towards Mission, guided by PCC’s Strategic Directions, Goals and Associated Initiatives.
Peel Children's Centre is an accredited children’s mental health centre that inspires hope by leading in the delivery of high-quality mental health services.
Annual salary range - $91,712 - $107,283 (5 step range)
This is a full time position with a generous total rewards package of 4 weeks’ vacation in the first year, personal leave, group life/LTD/health/dental benefits that are fully employer paid and a defined contribution pension plan.
- Plans, develops, implements, evaluates and improves the systems, structures, processes and resources required to support a robust project management culture
- Leads and manages the process for selection, planning, and implementation of multiple, concurrent projects ensuring projects and deliverables are aligned with PCC’s Strategic Plan and associated goals
- Works closely and collaboratively with relevant management throughout the project life cycle, managing all aspects of assigned projects: initiation, scope definition, identification and oversight project resources (internal and external); monitoring and reporting of project progress/status; risk mitigation and resolution of issues, course correction, and ensuring quality of project deliverables
- Develops, monitors and reports on project specific performance metrics and reports on key measures to Senior Management
- Maintains and manages relationships, collaborative interactions and communications with relevant stakeholders
- Supports the development of operational budgets by identifying financial and human resource requirements to support projects, and monitors assigned project budget and expenditures in accordance with organizational financial policies.
- Provides leadership and direction to project resources/cross functional teams including work assignments, deliverable management and coaching, mentoring in collaboration with the direct managers of staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- PMP Certification or equivalent combination of education and experience in leading medium to large projects.
- Experience in community health care or social services setting an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Agile, PMLC etc.), industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to establish Project Management within a healthcare setting.
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and issues management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, combined with the ability to diplomatically and effectively communicate with management and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software and database systems.
- Demonstrated experience in working in projects towards compliance with relevant legislation, accreditation standards and building efficiencies and best practices.
- Satisfactory Criminal Police Check required.
Valid “G” Ontario driver’s license and unlimited use of a vehicle is mandatory.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit a cover letter and resume by June 27th 2019, referring to “File # 19-028 - Project Manager” via email to email@example.com
We appreciate your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Children's Centre will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process.
Organization Description not provided