Coordinator, Learning & Development
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Flexible (Southern Ontario), ON
- Impact Area
- Social Justice
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Region: Flexible (within Southern Ontario)
Application deadline: August 06, 2018
Permanent Part Time
(17.5 hrs / week, HRV 2)
Location: Flexible (within Southern Ontario)
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Coordinator, Learning & Development within the People Services team to be located in Southern Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning and Development (L&D) Delivery, Disaster Management, the Coordinator, L&D is responsible for coordinating all activities related to course delivery, online course registration, analysis of course evaluations as well as the coordination of the facilitators’ certification process for the delivery of solutions for Disaster Management. The Coordinator, L&D is also responsible for supervising the L&D volunteer coordinators, supporting the L&D team with communication, coordinating the publication of training documents and administrative duties as well as providing support to the Manager, Learning Solutions Delivery, DM.
Coordinate course delivery and results:
- Provides input into yearly budget planning and course scheduling which includes communication and collaboration with HR/VR teams to determine their training needs;
- Obtains bids from suppliers (hotels, conference centers), makes recommendations to L&D manager and follows procurement policy, including the completion of required documentation for procurement and legal department;
- Coordinates the selection of facilitators for course delivery based on experience, geographical representation, availability of facilitators and the required standards for their certification status;”
- Sends invitations and pre-work material to participants and monitors completion of requirements;
- Makes and/or supervises hotel and travel arrangements, handles inquiries and correspondence with participants and facilitators on L&D courses;
- Coordinates catering and booking of boardrooms and ships equipment for all courses;
- Prepares and dispatches “go kits” for each course in a timely manner, assures the timely return of materials and verifies the condition of equipment (TV monitors, cameras, tripods, speakers, posters);
- Tracks inventory of materials and coordinates printing, preparation and shipping of material to proper training locations;
- Publishes and maintains course calendar on the Infosite, on the L&D portal;
- Summarizes course evaluations, distributes results appropriately;
- Tracks feedback received from facilitators and participants on course content, and provides recommendations to L&D Manager for consideration;
- Extracts reports and analyzes trends on courses results and facilitator performance; provides recommendations to L&D Manager for consideration based on feedback and developing trends;
- Maintains the L&D data base of certified Facilitators, coordinates input into HRIS or RE with HR/VR team, and monitors re-certification process.
- Supervises the work done by volunteer coordinators including: course registrations, invitations and pre-work assignments, hotel and travel reservations, correspondence with participants, confirmations of facilitator availability, approval of participant expense claims up to $500 for VRM courses.
Support online learning:
- Registers participants in Horizon for prerequisite courses;
- Contributes to the L&D Infosite posting course details, course rosters, advertising up-coming events and L&D news;
- Extracts reports and analyzes data from Horizon on courses evaluations, completion rates, success/failures of exams, participant’s feedback, and provides recommendations to L&D Manager for consideration for updates;
- Assists the online advisor with developing surveys, compiling results, and preparing appropriate reports.
Assists with the management and protection of Society assets:
- Provides on-site support to management of physical assets (premises, vehicles,
- Provides on-site management support of financial assets and activities (petty cash, cash receipting)
- Assists with preparing and monitoring program specific budgets, completes program statistical reports, assists with grand submissions, fee-for-service initiatives, and assists with preparing progress reports.
- Assists with review and analysis of budget variances
- Collects and records program statistics
- Assists with the preparation of various progress and evaluative reports
Provide administrative assistance to Learning & Development:
- Formatting of presentations, reports or written materials;
- Prepares/process contracts, Requisition Orders Purchase Orders, expense claims and invoices;
- Reconciles monthly budget reports, validates expenses and brings variances to the attention of the L&D Manager;
- Assists in organizing the administration of pilot courses, both classroom and online, and summarizing participant feedback
- Schedules meetings/ focus group sessions (in person or virtual), as required, and coordinates meeting logistics
- Identifies opportunities for administrative process improvement
- Assists with conducting surveys and preparing reports.
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
The minimum education requirements for this position are a college diploma with a minimum of 3 years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A diploma in adult education is a strong asset or equivalent experience in the field of corporate training and/or education. Other skills, knowledge and assets include:
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office suite, Share Point;
- Knowledge and experience of DM programs and Learning and Development principles would be an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and French are essential;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- Experience working within a project management environment is an asset;
- Strong customer service skills;
- High self-expectation for quality of work;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Ability to work at a distance, with minimum supervision.
Duties are principally conducted in an office environment that is clean and comfortable, location to be determined. Hours of work are based on 17.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends. Domestic travel within Southern Ontario may be required. Specific duties and responsibilities in this job description will require adaptation as lessons are learned and priorities change. All members of the People Services team are expected to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and change leadership to support the success of the PS team and the Canadian Red Cross as a whole.
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.