- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Director, Entrepreneurship Connections® Program
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Services and Organizational Development, the position of Director, Entrepreneurship Connections® provides an important strategic oversight and leadership to the Entrepreneurship Connections® Program, including the development and rollout of this exciting project nationally, as well as for pre-arrival immigrants. The Entrepreneurship Connections® program is an award-winning program designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada, or are transitioning their expertise into a business startup, to successfully start their business in the Canadian market. Our clients receive tailored training and wrap-around supports such as: key topics essential for newcomer entrepreneurs; individual coaching and mentoring; developing a business plan; and, connecting to the entrepreneurship eco-system in their communities, and across Canada. The incumbent in this position will work primarily in the Toronto office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development, delivery and evaluation of all project components, including participant recruitment, vendor contracts, MOU’s, and communications with project partners, outreach and client management.
- Facilitate the growth of this national project, and develop and implement the new Pre-Arrival program stream, including working effectively with local delivery partner organizations in select cities as well as engaging additional national partners.
- Lead, develop and participate in proposal writing and seeking additional funding and resources.
- Overall consolidation, development and evaluation of the program and ensuring the program complies with funders’ contracts, guidelines and targets. (e.g. assessment, curriculum development, course delivery, etc.)
- Coordinate, support, and engage the Program Advisory Committee.
- Oversee the collection, preparation and maintenance of all reports & statistics.
- Oversee file audits to ensure proper documentation and service excellence.
- Provide leadership to staff and contractors working with the project both at the local and national levels.
- Work closely with internal departments and teams, as well as with stakeholders and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of program components.
- Oversee the ongoing development and launch of digital content, and delivery of program components through the ACCES online platform.
- Continue to collaborate and grow the existing relationship with BDC.
- Support the enhancement and development of the existing mentoring component of the program to an online format.
- Responsible for carrying out the above responsibilities and all other duties as required by Management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a university degree and 5 years of relevant experience in Human Services, including leadership of programs and teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business development and entrepreneurship, including an understanding of market trends and resources for small business, particularly as they relate to newcomers.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience writing successful grant proposals in non-profit or similar settings, and managing government-funded projects/budgets.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven abilities to build and deepen collaborative relationships and partnerships with clients, internal and external stakeholders, and community and corporate partners.
- Strong political and business acuity, with the ability to lead and influence positively within complex multi-disciplinary and diverse communities within non-profit or similar work settings, initiatives and projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to both lead teams and work as part of a team.
- Proven exemplary English verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets, reporting and proposal writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to effectively research and navigate an online environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with blended learning delivery methods, utilizing both online and in-person training methods and tools.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Ability to travel and oversee delivery nationally as needed.
- French language proficiency, written and spoken, is an asset.
- Successful candidates short-listed for an interview will be required to complete a writing assignment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Results orientation
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative decision making
- Ability to navigate and manage change
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexibility to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
Organization Description not provided