About this position
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children; youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner, which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed. Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace.
Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Manager to join our dynamic team. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving youth and families and have strong child/youth and family engagement skills.
In this permanent full-time Management role, incumbents are expected to:
- Act as primary liaison to provide clinical support for all staff members of assigned programming
- Plan and organize for the provision of services for assigned program/service delivery and facilitate the team process including interagency program communication
- Monitor the service delivery of staff and volunteers to clients
- Supervise, develop and motivate assigned staff
- Oversee the collection of data required, to effectively report to funders, as well as to provide program evaluation feedback
- Participate in the on-call process at AYSP, as required
- Assist with the recruitment, interviewing and recommendations for hiring suitable candidates for supervisory/staffing positions
- Deliver Performance Improvement and Appraisal processes
- Identify staff training needs and arrange/implement appropriate training using in-house and outside resources
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in developing long range and strategic plans; implementing and maintaining appropriate clinical standards and ongoing quality assurance
- Support the development of long range planning objectives for assigned programs and make enhancement recommendations
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of program area budgets
- Communicate and/or promote AYSP’s services and value to the community and represents AYSP at community events/functions
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp on or before May 2, 2019.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or related discipline, preferred
- Registration in the appropriate professional regulatory body as prescribed under the Psychotherapy Act
- Proven leadership and progressive supervisory experience, including strong clinical and administrative skills with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a management position in a similar sector
- Knowledge and experience in cognitive behavioural therapy, behaviour management, brief solution focused therapy, family therapy, group interventions, crisis intervention and trauma-informed practice, and youth justice
- Knowledge of CYFSA, YCJA, and other relevant legislation
- Experience in management of relevant programs and service in a community-based setting
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) with a proven ability to relate to diverse groups of people
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day-to-day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: manager, case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor
Organization Description not provided