Consultant- Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- For profit
About this position
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate with strong leadership qualities for an excellent, long term career opportunity in the provision of climate change and sustainability advisory and auditing services. We can help you realize your potential! Our success is based on your success. Our work environment is designed to help high-performing people thrive.
- Support technical evaluations and reviews of energy programs against goals and objectives, and to confirm financing parameters were adhered to.
- Support the review of programs and processes against external legislative and regulatory requirements, voluntary commitments and internal policies and objectives related to environmental and social risk management and performance.
- Assist project teams to identify, measure and appropriately manage the business and reporting risks that our clients face as they transition their organizations to respond to changing laws and regulations, technological advancements and shifting societal expectations.
- Assist assurance teams on greenhouse gas emissions and other ESG data assurance.
- Conduct research on environmental, social and governance risk factors and topics as required.
- Ongoing training requirements for skill development
- Cooperative relationships with project and other engagement teams
- Client relations and account management support
- A Master’s Degree in Science, Business or Engineering
- Relevant academic(e.g., thesis) or work experience
- Strong project management skills and dedication to teamwork
- Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.