Community Support Worker (ASH)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which reflect diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients that we serve.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER (ASH)
1 Full Time Permanent Position
The Community Support Worker (CSW) is responsible for providing a range of services in support of individuals in the community who are HIV positive and who have significant addiction issues, and may additionally have mental health challenges. A key component of the position will be the building of a support network of community resources that empower the individual and increase their independence, dignity and self-respect in a safe, secure environment. The position also provides direct assistance in such areas as daily living, crisis management, health instruction and co-ordinating palliative care. Case co-ordination will also be a key component.
Note: Staff will be required to work in residents’ rooms and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Human Services (or equivalent) with three to five years related experience;
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, addictions and mental health issues;
- An understanding of Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles with the ability to operationalise them;
- Counselling and responding skills, ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner;
- Well developed crisis intervention, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- An understanding of the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Understanding of palliation, of death and dying issues;
- Knowledge of available community resources and supports;
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with workers from a variety of agencies.
TO APPLY: Send resume and covering letter to: Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday July 3, 2019 by 5:00 pm
PLEASE INCLUDE: “CSW – ASH” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS.
Organization Description not provided