- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
As a member of the Office of the President & CEO team, the Executive Assistant will round out the three-person team consisting of the President & CEO, Senior Executive Assistant /Governance Coordinator and the Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide administrative level support to the Office of the President & CEO including the Board of Directors, Committees and other members of the AFMC Leadership team, all the while interacting with all departments and staff. The Executive Assistant will also take direction from the Senior Executive Assistant, Office of the President & CEO / Governance Coordinator.
- Manage the President & CEO’s daily schedule, agenda and task list;
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting materials;
- Support the creation of meeting agendas, minutes and general correspondence;
- Support the Senior Executive Assistant to ensure the smooth operations of Board and Committee activities;
- Coordinate the President and CEO’s travel arrangements including hotel reservations, flights and car rentals;
- Interact with various AFMC contacts as well as external contacts, clients and executives on behalf of the President & CEO;
- Maintain a filing systems and ensure accuracy of assigned distribution lists;
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail;
- Gather information from various external sources as directed;
- Assist in the production of corporate reports including preparation and filing of final documents;
- Handle communications in both official languages;
- Proofread and edit final internal/external reports, correspondence or documents;
- Draft responses to requests and incoming correspondence from staff and external stakeholders;
- Provide assistance to staff on behalf of Directors to minimize level of disruption; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in secretarial arts, office administration or similar;
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar role;
- Superior verbal and written skills in both official languages (essential);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Strong and accurate typing skills;
- Strong report-writing and proofreading skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Strong sense of tact, diplomacy, maturity and professionalism;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Flexible and capable of multi-tasking with several competing requests;
- Functions effectively in a team setting and builds collaborative cross-functional relationships;
- Effective time management skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly; and
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues as appropriate.
- Bilingual (English and French) oral, written and reading comprehension skills (Essential);
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and occasionally required to walk or move around the office environment;
- May be asked to lift and move up to 20lbs.
The work environment described is a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
AFMC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications will be accepted until July 14, 2019. Please forward your résumé and cover letter to HR@afmc.ca. Please indicate in the subject line “Executive Assistant”. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided