- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Guelph, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
This position offers the challenge and the opportunity to blend your passion for Christian education with your experience in major gift fundraising. At GCCS you can make an impact on the lives of our current and future students as we seek to nurture, educate, and inspire students in Christ-centred learning and serving.
As Development Director of GCCS, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive program including the annual and capital fund campaign goals, community and alumni relations, and donor stewardship; all in support of the vision and strategic direction of GCCS. You will work closely with the volunteers on a variety of related committees and report to the principal.
In This Role You Will:
- Create, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive development program that includes, but is not limited to, corporate and foundation giving, major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, donor recognition and stewardship activities, marketing, school membership development, database management and related support functions to expand and enhance financial contributions to GCCS
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive communications program. This includes, but is not limited to, community relations and public relations, and assisting the principal with communications relating to student recruitment
- Manage the use of the development budget
- Monitor the use of the GCCS brand and its implementation throughout all communications
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the staff, board, donors, prospects, corporations, and foundations
- Champion GCCS special events with the support of volunteers; specific events shall be designed to support the development program
- Represent GCCS at community events where appropriate
- Work with existing policies and procedures relating to fundraising, donor records, and communications
- Maintain knowledge of federal tax legislation as it affects philanthropy and communicate such information to the supporting community, prospects, and donors
- Oversee the creation and expansion of the following:
- Fundraising materials such as letters, brochures, case materials and other publications in support of the development program
- the current social media communications program as it relates to the development program
- Assume other duties as assigned by the principal
Skill, Experience and Qualifications:
- Passion for Christian education and the GCCS mission and vision
- Post secondary education in communications or fundraising, or equivalent work experience
- Professional fundraising experience in major gifts and/or capital campaigns
- Experience working with volunteer leadership including the ability to motivate, lead and build confidence of those who may be less experienced in fundraising
- Experience with annual and long range planning, goal setting and performance management
- Able to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose
- Able to inspire, motivate, and marshal resources for an organization
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in major gifts and planned giving
- Possess a working and effective understanding of the basics of gift planning
- Able to work cooperatively with differing personalities and diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills including public speaking
- Demonstrated track record of maintaining confidentiality, self-directed
About the Team You'll Be Joining
Nurture‧ Educate ‧ Inspire
GCCS is an independent elementary school from JK-8 committed to providing educational quality while integrating our Christian beliefs and values into the educational process. Our mission is to nurture, educate, and inspire students in Christ-centred learning and serving.
We first opened our doors in 1961. For over half a century have been faithful in our mission, and our dream is to continue making that possible to educate future generations. This is only possible through the generous support of our donors, parents, and community supporters. We are looking for the right person to use their God given gifts to support our mission and dream.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send the following three things:
- Cover letter
- 3 minute video telling us about yourself, why you'd be a great Development Director for GCCS and your Statement of Faith
Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please include Development Director in your subject line. Please submit your application before 5:00PM on November 13, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation to successfully apply, please email us to make your accommodation request.