Employer Liaison (Job Developer / B2B Recruiter)
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Employer Liaison (IT Connections Program)
1 Year Contract– with possibility of extension
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
IT Connections is a sector-specific program that assists internationally-trained IT professionals to obtain employment in their field. The program has been successful with addressing the barriers to employment faced by the internationally-trained IT professionals and providing them with the skills, knowledge and connections related to the Canadian IT environment, as well as with supporting IT employers to recruit qualified candidates. Since the program started in 2010, IT Connections program supported IT professionals in many different roles such as IT Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Developers and Programmers, Software Engineers, IT Administrator, Security, as well as Technical Writer.
This position of Employer Liaison is mainly responsible for the creation of employment opportunities for ACCES clients. The individual in this position works with the ACCES Employment Consulting team, and will work closely with all community partner agencies and employers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing and outreach strategy to employers
- Liaise with community professionals and employers to create competitive jobs and employment opportunities
- Monitor all placements, oversee training plan development and conduct on-going follow-up to ensure successful employment outcomes for program participants
- Integrate work with all ACCES staff, in particular with Employment Consultant team
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counselling and referrals when required
- Provide employment preparation and employability group sessions and individual resource centre support when required
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in job development, employer outreach, employment counseling and/or recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of labour market information and trends
- Demonstrated ability to work and co-operate in a team
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Able to facilitate group activities
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Use of own vehicle is an asset to the job
- Experience in the IT and Technology sector is an asset
- Knowledge of/experience with internationally trained professionals and sector specific employers is a strong asset
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract with possibility of extension
Salary: $51,930.92 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter
To: ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Organization Description not provided