Development Coordinator, Alberta
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Calgary, AB
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position: Development Coordinator, Alberta
Reports to: Regional Manager, Alberta
About the Canadian Liver Foundation
Founded in 1969 by a group of doctors and business leaders concerned about the increasing incidence of liver disease, the Canadian Liver Foundation (CLF) was the first organization in the world devoted to providing support for research and education into the causes, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of all liver disease. Today, we are bringing liver research to life by promoting liver health, improving public awareness and understanding of liver disease, raising funds for research and providing support to individuals affected by liver disease.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, the Development Coordinator, Alberta will be responsible for executing the Canadian Liver Foundation (CLF)’s revenue generating strategy. The incumbent will execute plans and activities that will grow revenue including, but not limited to, donor-centered fund development, event management, and health promotion programs. Other duties will include volunteer coordination, maintaining the software programs (Artez and WordPress) and administrative tasks.
In consultation with the Regional Manager, Alberta, this position will:
- Plan and implement strategies to grow revenue, profitability and market share.
- Has working knowledge and experience of the entire fundraising cycle from identification to stewardship.
- Work with the National Media Relations Specialist to promote the CLF through various marketing and media channels including Facebook, twitter, etc.
- Assist with the development and management of the budgeting cycle.
- Analyze marketing and revenue generating programs and adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Organize and manage events, e.g. LIVERight Gala, LIVERight Health Forums.
- Provide status reports, post-event reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinate and attend health fairs, health promotion events and deliver presentations.
- Maintain regional database (Excel) and CLF software programs - Artez and WordPress (training will be provided).
- Recruit, manage, coach and engage volunteers.
- Build and maintain relationship with donors, funders, volunteers and the community at large.
- Provide administrative and office management support to the Regional Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma or post-secondary program in marketing, special events or public relations.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing in the corporate sector, and/or fundraising in the non-profit sector.
- Experience in event management, developing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential.
- Ability to work independently is imperative.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with graphic design programs would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player and capable of thinking outside the box.
- Detail oriented and able to accurately proofread marketing materials.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to make sound, timely, and accurate judgment while supporting reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Resourceful, flexible, and well organized.
- Professional, responsive, and possess a positive work attitude.
- Ability to travel.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Please send your salary expectation, cover letter and resume to Careers@liver.ca.
Canadian Liver Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Canadian Liver Foundation will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
The Canadian Liver Foundation’s mandate is to promote liver health and reduce the incidence and impact of liver disease by providing support for research and education into the causes, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of liver disease.