- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Public/Society Benefit
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- Mission driven
About this position
Common Wealth is looking for a new person with talent and integrity to join our team. Our team of eight is growing and we are recruiting for our third Associate.
Mission of the Associate:
To strengthen and expand access to retirement security by supporting Common Wealth’s retirement plan and advisory work and serving as an all-around resource to support analysis, document production, growth, product development and client, member, and employer service.
About the role
The Associate’s role is to serve as a nimble generalist, providing support as needed across different parts of the business. The Associate will provide support to Common Wealth’s client engagements and management team.
As the company grows, the Associate’s role may evolve to become more specialized, but initially success will require an ability to perform a variety of tasks and produce a range of deliverables in an efficient, creative, and high-quality manner.
- Activities and deliverables are expected to involve:
- Analysis: Qualitative and quantitative analysis related to pensions, retirement products, public policy, tax, financial services, marketing and sales, labour market issues, and more. Ideally the Associate should be able to draw on different disciplines and be able to perform high-quality, practical business analysis. The Associate should be comfortable conducting interviews and should have the ability to be creative and scrappy in framing, analyzing, and solving complex problems
- Document production: Producing high-quality memos, PowerPoint presentations, Excel-based models, and other materials for clients and internal Common Wealth use
- Product development: Support the development of plan operations and Common Wealth product development. This work includes assisting with retirement plan design that includes member and employer services, technology, decumulation, governance and plan rules.
- Outreach and engagement: Outbound and inbound interactions with a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g., employers, associations, government officials, retirement industry participants) to assist in establishing new retirement plans and encouraging the growth of existing plans
- Excitement about the mission of the company
- Excellent communication and document production skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexible thinking and ability to work across disciplines
- Analytical rigour, including quantitative skills
- Client service orientation
- High integrity and track record of doing the right thing
- Curious and able to learn quickly
- Self-awareness, openness to feedback, and commitment to personal and professional growth
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in an innovative, early-adopter environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully with people across a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences, and fields
- Strong educational track record
- A graduate or professional degree would be an asset
- A background in consulting, professional services, sales, and/or client service would be an asset
- Knowledge of or experience in any of the following fields would be an asset: financial services, financial regulation, pensions and retirement, investment management, technology, start-up growth, sales, marketing
Common Wealth is a mission-driven business focused on strengthening retirement security and reinventing pensions for a 21st century workforce. Founded in 2015, we have grown to a team of 8, including former executives from some of the world’s leading pension plans and leaders from outside the pension industry with significant track records in multiple sectors and/or disciplines.