Shelter Program Worker - Chrysalis House
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Chrysalis House is a twenty-five bed shelter for abused women and their children, located in Western Ottawa.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Shelter Program Worker – Casual Relief position provides immediate and responsive crisis support to abused women and their children at Chrysalis House, in accordance with the WOCRC mission and basic beliefs, and the needs of diverse communities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Social Service Workers Diploma or equivalent in experience, education and training;
- Minimum of 2 years direct work experience with abused women and/or their children;
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based model of intervention and feminist principles;
- Knowledge of violence against women and children who witness violence issues;
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills;
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills;
- Proven conflict resolution skills;
- Proven ability to work independently, and within a team approach;
- Strong communication skills;
- Multitasking abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and serve the needs of diverse communities;
- Standard First Aid and CPR training is a requirement;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written;
- Additional language abilities an asset.
SALARY and HOURS
- $24.31 per hour – plus 4% vacation pay
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday daytime hours plus overnights and weekends;
- Shifts: 8:30 am to 8:45 pm and 8:30 pm to 8:45 am
- Must be available for “on call” work.
Please submit your résumé in English by Friday, June 28, 2019, to:
Janice Weir – People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court, Kanata ON K2L 4H7
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of resumes received, only those applicants selected for further consideration, will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided