Manager of Development
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Employment Training and Development
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Term: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking a results-driven individual who will be actively engaged in developing, managing and executing a fundraising program aligned with our core principles. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Manager of Development is an integral member of a small but dynamic team of professionals who work collaboratively to reach organizational goals and objectives.
The candidate will be a self-directed and motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, able to convey a compelling narrative about the impact of our work. The incumbent must have an excellent proven record of fostering and developing relationships with current and new donors, foundations and corporations to achieve revenue targets and to increase engagement.
- Evaluate all existing revenue programs and provide a thorough analysis with recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for new annual revenue targets in excess of $200,000 annually, as well as upgraded giving and renewal of existing relationships.
- Create fundraising plan designed to meet the strategic and financial goals of Dress for Success Toronto.
- Identify and research prospects’ needs and objectives in order to create effective gift and sponsorship proposals.
- Secure and support organizations and individuals hosting third party fundraising events
- Develop individual giving campaign in conjunction with Executive Director and Marketing and Communications staff.
- In partnership with Executive Director and Board Fundraising Committee, take a lead role on significant sponsorship asks and activations.
- Manage signature fundraising events including planning, budgets, critical paths, production schedules, volunteer engagement, guest and sponsor experience.
- Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Identify, document and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective tracking of fundraising efforts, including donor profiles, pipeline management, donations and timely receipting, acknowledgement and appreciation, and in-person contact.
- Manage and evaluate annual corporate sponsor activities using effective tracking tools for year over year analysis and program review.
- Optimize data management tools and fundraising platforms in order to review and analyze pertinent information, track and monitor financial results;
- Oversee related administration, CRA and compliancy policies and procedures, including maintaining and updating confidential data, files and information systems.
- Communicate the mission and impact of Dress for Success Toronto with prospective donors and sponsors at public events, presentations and campaign launches.
- Contribute to the development of innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to build donor loyalty, improve retention and increase the size of the supporter base.
- Develop fundraising materials including proposals, grant applications, presentation decks, contracts, acknowledgements and donor reports.
- Minimum 4 years experience with proven track record in developing and executing comprehensive fundraising strategies that diversify and optimize revenue streams for small to mid-size charities.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Certified Fund Raising executive (CFRE) an asset.
- Results-oriented, demonstrating great initiative, and contributes to a work environment that values and encourages innovation.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Experience in event project management, peer-to-peer, 3rd party and corporate sponsorship activations.
- Proven ability to develop annual donor plans, set priorities, use planning and analytical skills, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Advanced strategic, creative and editing skills for proposals, grant writing and reporting.
- Superior time-management, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and donor database management.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate some weekend and evening meetings and events.
About Dress for Success®
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 152 cities in 28 countries and has helped more than one million women work towards self-sufficiency. Dress for Success Toronto is part of a global movement for change. Our vision is a world where women do not live in poverty; are treated with dignity and respect; and are strengthening their families and shaping their communities.