Clinic Manager, Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
- Position Title: Clinic Manager, Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre
- Available: ASAP
- Applicant Deadline: February 15, 2019
The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) is a model interdisciplinary healthcare centre providing whole-person complementary and integrative medicine to people living with cancer, cancer survivors and those seeking cancer prevention. The Centre focuses on providing evidence-informed clinical care and is active in the conduct of clinical and synthesis research. The OICC is formally part of the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) and runs semi-autonomously as a stand-alone centre in Ottawa. The OICC is characterized by a team of staff and practitioners (< 30 people) working together to provide excellent support to the community of patients it serves. Excellence in customer service and fostering a compassionate, healing environment in this setting is critical to the delivery of optimal care.
The Clinic Manager will actively seek to enable improvements in patient care. This position will play a central role in facilitating the growth of the clinic, its day to day management, policy and procedures management, personnel scheduling, website updates and the maintenance of the electronic health record system. This position is responsible for liaising with appropriate providers to ensure the successful physical operation of the clinic including the maintenance of the property, computer systems, overseeing daily financial transactions and liaising with the CCNM Finance and Human Resources Departments as required. Working with the lead receptionist, the position will ensure sufficient supplies are always available and proper paperwork completed in order to achieve this.
- Three to five years in a management capacity preferably in an integrated health care environment.
- Bilingual with fluency in written and spoken French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Post-secondary education in medical administrative/business or related studies an asset.
- Experience working with MS Office applications and proven ability to learn and use new software.
- Familiarity with Provincial and Federal health related policies including PHIPA and PIPEDA.
- Experience with OHIP billing systems and Electronic Medical Records.
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment.
- Experience working independently in a fast paced environment.
- Experience as a health care practitioner an asset.
To Apply: Submit your resume with a covering letter to the Human Resources Department:
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation.
The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) has been established to serve as a model interdisciplinary healthcare and research centre providing whole-person complementary and integrative care to people with cancer, cancer survivors, and those seeking primary and secondary cancer prevention.