Outreach Worker – Indigenous Engagement
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
In this position, you will help in delivering community outreach initiatives in support of the regional conservation program and its climate adaptation and resiliency goals.
As a team member, you will:
- Assist in developing and launching new outreach initiatives through collaborative partnerships with Indigenous communities and groups to support climate actions
- Support and deliver outreach initiatives involving communication and education delivery under the supervision by other team members
- Support the development of new innovative resources and respectfully incorporates various knowledge systems that provides awareness of climate change and promotes conservation actions within coastal and floodplain communities
- Facilitate partnership development through coordinating meetings and collaborations to identify unified messaging and delivery approaches.
- Facilitate the identification of key roles for each partnership representative with agreed upon set of engagement and communication principles
You are an enthusiastic team player and a self-starter, capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoy thinking out of the box. You are an effective communicator who builds positive working relationships.