- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Marpole Neighbourhood House (MNH) is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Coordinator to join our team and provide coordination for all tasks related with the administrative and maintenance needs of the house. This is a part-time position starting at 21 hours per week.
MNH is the first new Neighbourhood House opened in Vancouver in over a decade. MNH is an exciting start-up initiative that requires all staff to have an “all hands on deck” attitude and offers the opportunity to grow with the new house. The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative. She/he will demonstrate a proven record of exercising sound judgment and discretion, multitasking and time management skills, and be able to lead and work effectively with staff and volunteers from various backgrounds.
Working collaboratively and under the general direction of the Senior Director and/or Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing office services, facilities maintenance, and security services for MNH. The Administrative Coordinator supports the supervision of staff, contractors, volunteers in reception, janitorial, and maintenance. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Office coordination and facilities maintenance
- Financial administration
- HR management support
- Board and executive support
- Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration, Accounting, Facilities Management, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in office coordinator position.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, database, internet, email, etc.
- Proficiency with HR software (ADP experience preferred).
- Organizational skills to support with the supervision of auxiliary staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Second language is an asset.
- Familiar with services in Vancouver and particularly Marpole.
- Familiar with operations processes and procedures in non-profit organizations.
- Experience working in a diverse and multicultural community and clients who do not speak English.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize own work, with initiative and willingness to take responsibilities.
- Capacity to work both independently and part of a small team.
For more information about Marpole Neighbourhood House, please visit www.marpolenh.org. We thank all applicants and will contact those selected for interviews.
Marpole Neighbourhood House is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to apply. Compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to our staff and their family. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply by 5:00 pm on Wednesday June 19, 2019 to:
Marpole Neighbourhood House
8585 Hudson Street, Vancouver, BC V6P 4M3
We acknowledge that Marpole Neighbourhood House is on the unceded, occupied, ancestral and traditional homelands of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. We recognize the vast cultural diversity of Indigenous people and acknowledge the heterogeneity of their opinions, representation, needs and desires.
Organization Description not provided