Registered Practical Nurse
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- downtown Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
Our mission: to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within a multidisciplinary health care model.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Registered Practical Nurse (Full Time Continuing Position)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited community health centre, seeks a Registered Practical Nurse who will function as a multi-disciplinary team member with a focus on maternal, prenatal, postnatal and infant health.
The Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Providing appropriate health history, physical examination and assessments
- Case management
- Providing counseling, education, advocacy, health promotion
- Well baby visits and parent/Infant health groups
- Individual and family intakes and health management
- Prenatal/Postnatal and infant nutrition and healthy living groups &events
- Health Promotion and education Groups
Required Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong work and organizational skills
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong consultation and collaboration skills
- Ability to function independently and in a team setting within profession’s established parameters
- Computer skills (minimum intermediate level) with Purkinje software knowledge an asset
- Knowledge and appreciation of health and other issues facing Aboriginal communities such as the effects of the post-colonial and residential school histories
- Registered Practical Nurse Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience working with Aboriginal populations
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to the HR Coordinator, either by email (in one document with your name and “RPN” in the document name) to email@example.com If you have questions about the application process, please call 416-920-2605 x.332.
Closing date: July 3, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Anishnawbe Health Toronto offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment
Applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal and meet the requirements of the job posting will be given first consideration in the hiring process
Anishnawbe Health Toronto is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Aboriginal persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives
(If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Meegwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided