Account Supervisor (Bilingual)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
Department: Client Service
Report to: Client Director
Brief Summary of the Position:
The Client Lead works on PUBLIC’s interdisciplinary client teams and ensures outstanding work across the range of client needs. As Client Lead, you will build and maintain trusted client relationships to gain an understanding of client needs and requirements. You will work collaboratively with internal PUBLIC teams as well as external partners to manage projects throughout all stages and will act as the day-to-day contact for clients within your portfolio. You will provide leadership and mentorship and play a pivotal role in managing and growing existing client relationships and business.
- Work with clients to understand them, their business, their challenges and their needs
- Work collaboratively with clients and internal teams to define clear scopes of work and manage all deliverables throughout all stages of the engagement
- Act as the day to day point of contact for all clients and partners
- Serve as the voice of the client internally, and the voice of PUBLIC externally
- Participate meaningfully throughout various stages of the project, including research and strategy phases of work, and creative/concept ideation
- Collaborate and work closely with internal teams (strategy, creative) to create work that aligns to client objectives
- Identify opportunities to grow existing business
- Monitor and track budgets, proactively flag budgetary concerns, and proactively identify ways to reduce overages
- Develop detailed timelines and work back schedules and maintain timelines throughout, flagging any delays or areas of concern internally and to clients/partners
- Develop internal and creative briefs to guide PUBLIC’s work and handoff between teams
- Develop contact/call reports, status reports, and any other administrative support as required on projects
- Ensure all client requests are met in a timely & service-oriented manner
- Manage the execution/production of creative outputs, working with partners or vendors where necessary
- Be highly organized, have a keen attention to detail, a sense of urgency, excellent proofreading skills and a great attitude
- 3-5 years of agency experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong strategic thinking abilities
- Bilingual (English & French)
- BA in Advertising/Marketing preferred
PUBLIC is committed to building and fostering a fair and inclusive workplace which values diversity and encourages respect for dignity, beliefs and ideas consistent with the principles outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code (the “Code”), and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
PUBLIC recognizes the value of identifying and removing barriers and promoting inclusion in the workplace.
Public Inc. is a leading social impact agency helping brands profit with purpose.We believe that purpose - a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact - will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into their brand, business and marketing strategies creates a "sticky factor" that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
And more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose". Learn more at publicinc.com
View our Impact Profile
Strategy + Creative + Execution = Purpose in Action
Working in close partnership with our clients, we identify key business and marketing touchpoints that can be amplified through purpose, develop the necessary strategies to do so, and bring the results to life through outstanding creative work and marketing activities.
Our clients include TD Bank Financial Group, The Body Shop, Maple Leaf Foods, Danone, NBCUniversal, Starbucks, Under Armour, Kruger Products, The Canadian Football League, The University of Ontario Institute of Technology The Canadian Mental Health Association, and more.
Ways We Give Back At Work
Passionate People. Inspiring Solutions.
And we walk the walk, too. From hosting a #RefugeesWelcome dinner at our office, to actively pursuing self care practices at work, and providing a week of paid volunteering, you will make a difference working at Public Inc.
We are driven and unique problem-solvers who understand that, in our rapidly changing world, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to our clients’ challenges and that best practices must be tailored to individual client needs. As a growing team, you will become deeply involved in our work and have a direct impact on how our client business grows.
What It's Like to Work Here
We're located in downtown Toronto steps away from transit and amazing restaurants. We offer flexible working hours (you can work from home, in coffee shops, or in the park across the street) and we care about you as person beyond the job (do you like healthy or not-so-healthy snacks?).
The Bottom Line
We believe that purpose -- a meaningful and focused commitment to creating social and community impact -- will be a powerful driver in accelerating, amplifying and differentiating successful 21st-century businesses; that integrating purpose into business and marketing strategies creates a "stickiness” that will play an increasingly pivotal role in attracting & retaining the next generation of consumers and employees.
We also believe more broadly that we can, and must, move increasingly toward a "purpose economy" where businesses, nonprofits, governments and consumers behave in ways that are as good for the world, and for those people and communities around them, as they are for themselves. True "profit with purpose".
What we look for when hiring
We look for people who are:
Innately curious about people, issues, business, the world around them, and what makes them tick;
Passionate about solving problems, and have the imagination and creativity needed to bring these solutions to life out in the world;
Great "people" people who want to work in and help champion a collaborative, challenging and supportive environment;
Comfortable with ambiguity, and with helping both clients and our team develop the confidence and conviction to take smart, calculated risks; and
Determined to play an active role in reshaping consumer & business behaviours to create a more just, equitable, sustainable and profitable world.
Career Growth Opportunities
We're a small shop, so the possibilities for growth are endless. All staff work closely with our leadership team and are exposed to many senior-level conversations that provide great learning opportunities. And, If you have an idea, don't be shy – share your vision, demonstrate your abilities, and PUBLIC may give you the opportunity to bring it to life.
We organize "Public Perspectives", a quarterly series on industry trends, as well as lunch-and-learns on personal and professional matters –from financial management to "how-to's" on reducing your carbon footprint and socially responsible investing. And, there's our regular monthly culture feature...