Program Coordinator - Global Choice And Intensive Programs
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Québec, QC
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Global Choice and Intensive Programs Coordinator is responsible for the management and development of AFS Canada’s school-based exchange programs in English Canada as well as the planning and support of the intensive language program offered by AFS Canada in various regions.
Responsibilities include :
- Maintain a strong working relationship with partners based in Canada and abroad to guarantee delivery of programs of the highest standards.
- Review and approve applications and distribute them to the appropriate partners.
- Participate in the selection of host families and students. Guarantee that all parties are properly supported in order to deliver quality programs.
- Lead the coordination and delivery of student orientations held cyclically throughout the school year
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with individual homestay coordinators located in various locations throughout Canada.
- Ensure the successful functioning of the intensive language programs (recruit, train, support and evaluate the local coordinators), guaranteeing the application of the AFS standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee the program budgets.
- Participate in the AFS emergency support system.
- All other connected tasks.
- Excellent project planning and organizational skills, including the capacity to oversee numerous projects simultaneously.
- Capacity to work with various stakeholders from different age groups, cultural backgrounds and interest groups, communicating with each in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy, as well as solid conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent English language skills, oral and written, functional French language skills.
- Degree and experience in a connected field
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of AFS Interculture programs an asset.
- Valid driver’s license
Our ideal candidate will have the following profile: Leadership and management skills, intuitive and skilled communicator, autonomous and motivated team player, and holds existing knowledge in intercultural learning (ICL).
- 12 month contract with good possibility of extension
- 35 hours per week
- Access to a complete insurance program after the 3 month probation period
- Although the coordinator will work out of the AFS Canada office in Montreal, regular travel to Ontario and Newfoundland will be essential
- Some evening and weekend work will be involved
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by March 31st 2019 to Renée Massicotte: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFS Intercultural Programs is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization that provides intercultural learning opportunities to help people develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to create a more just and peaceful world.