Psychogeriatric Case Manager - BSS
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- York Region and South Simcoe, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
PSYCHOGERIATRIC CASE MANAGER - BSS
1 Full Time Contract Position - 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
York Region & South Simcoe (office located in Aurora, ON)
As a Psychogeriatric Case Manager you will be part of a Mobile Support Team that provides direct care, education and support to seniors who are demonstrating responsive behaviours that may be associated with various types of dementia, delirium, mental health, addictions or other neurological conditions living within their own homes within the geographical boundaries of the Central LHIN. You will assist in the creation and coordination of a support network through establishing linkages with other community agencies and practitioners to coordinate care for the clients. In addition, you will provide direct service to support the client, family members and/or care partners to mitigate escalating responsive behaviours. You will also liaise, collaborate and communicate with all members of the Behavioural Support Services team, including key partners with the Central LHIN.
Note: Staff will be required to work in clients’ own homes and may therefore be exposed to second hand smoke. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Frequent travel will be required using own vehicle.
- Completion of a diploma/degree in Social Services/Human Services or equivalent;
- Minimum three years related experience in providing support to vulnerable seniors and older adults with responsive behaviours related to mental illness, addictions, dementia or other neurological conditions;
- An understanding of harm reduction, recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation principles, the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to an agreement with clients on goals/priorities;
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities and interpersonal skills;
- Training/knowledge of P.I.E.C.E.S., U-First approaches or willingness to receive training;
- Experience/familiarity with RAI documentation, and OCAN and health profession standards for documentation of client information;
- Sound understanding and commitment to the principles of the Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) ;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with care partners of inter-professional care teams, clients, family members and community team members;
- Good oral and written communication skills and computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel;
- Counselling and responding skills;
- Creativity and flexibility to approaches;
- Knowledge of community resources and supports;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and interact with workers from a variety of agencies;
- Strong assessment skills;
- Understanding of cultural competency and framework
- Valid drivers’ license and access to own vehicle is required; must meet the requirements of LOFT Community Services – Personal Vehicle Usage Policy.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Friday June 28, 2019 by 5:00 pm
PLEASE INCLUDE: “PSYCHOGERIATRIC CASE MANAGER - BSS” in the subject line of any emails.
Organization Description not provided