- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Guelph, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Greo is an independent knowledge translation and exchange organization with two decades of international experience in generating, synthesizing, and mobilizing research into action across the health and wellbeing sectors.
Greo helps organizations improve their strategies, policies, and practices by harnessing the power of evidence and stakeholder insight. Services we offer include sourcing and synthesizing evidence, creating knowledge and education products, facilitation and stakeholder engagement, data and knowledge management support, evaluation, and applied research.
We are seeking a highly motivated Evaluation Specialist to join our team. This is a competitively paid, full-time 12-month contract position. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the Evaluation and Stakeholder Engagement Teams in leveraging the power of collaboration, inquiry, and sense-making to inform and sustain effective harm reduction and health promotion initiatives.
Reporting to the Evaluation Services Lead, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Conducting literature and jurisdictional scans to inform the design and evaluation of harm reduction and health promotion programs and initiatives
- Developing evaluation frameworks, logic models, and theories of change, with a focus on participatory approaches to evaluation
- Supporting the evaluation team to design and implement mixed methods outcome and process-focused evaluations
- Managing relationships and interactions with clients and project stakeholders, including attending and/or leading regular project update meetings
- Supporting stakeholder engagement for evaluation projects—from scoping activities through to implementation, including facilitating the review of evaluation findings to identify recommended actions
- Promoting and supporting the use of evaluation findings by clients and their stakeholders
- Contributing to project proposals, reports, and knowledge products, as directed
- Participating in the development and delivery of presentations for clients and stakeholders, including conferences
- Maintaining evaluation project files to ensure consistency and transparency in processes and evaluation results
- Supporting and/ or managing evaluation programs (e.g., Evaluation Snapshots, etc.)
- Remaining current with best practices in evaluation capacity building and public health approaches to complex health and wellbeing issues
- Demonstrated experience in conducting process and outcome evaluations in public health, health, and wellbeing sectors
- Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as applied health, public health, health education, or public administration
- Minimum three years of work experience in a related sector (mental health and wellbeing, health promotion, evaluation, policy development, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including strong plain language writing and synthesis skills
- A natural relationship builder with stakeholder engagement interest and experience
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and contribute meaningfully to team projects
- Proven ability to work on confidential and sensitive projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of diverse evaluation and knowledge translation methods and best practices
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptive nature, able to reprioritize based on emerging opportunities
- Familiarity with the field of gambling or other harm reduction fields an asset though not required
How to Apply:
Greo offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a collegial, flexible work environment. We do not require the successful applicant to be based in Guelph. This position is offered as a 12-month contract with possibility of extension.
To apply to join our energetic and committed team, please submit your cover letter and resume in one continuous pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should be Evaluation Specialist.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email the above address with “Accommodation Required” in the subject line and provide your contact information.
Applications are due Monday, October 11th at 11:59pm ET, although application review and interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis.