Community Support Worker - Central Intake
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Brampton, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Canadian Mental Health Association/Peel Dufferin Branch (CMHA/Peel Dufferin) is pleased to announce that we are currently recruiting for the position of Community Support Worker-Central Intake.
This is a full time permanent position of 37.5 hours per week, The incumbent will work in the catchment area of Brampton and report to the Program Manager of the Brampton care collaborative Team.
Annual Salary Range $49,500-59,500
Summary of job responsibilities:
As a Central Intake Community Support Worker, you will be the first point of contact for individuals walking into the office and calling in seeking information and referral about mental health/illness and provide appropriate referrals to local mental health and addictions services including CMHA Peel Dufferin. You will offer accurate, user friendly information, conduct intake assessments to determine applicants’ eligibility for CMHA Peel Dufferin programs and provide short term supports to adults/families experiencing serious mental illness with heightened needs at time of initial contact or while on the wait list for other CMHA Peel Dufferin services.
The role is works primarily in the office assisting callers and walk in clients, and may include meeting with clients in the community as needed to provide support. Some travel in Brampton, Caledon and Dufferin County may be required, some transporting clients.
- Act as a first response, front line resource to the community via, in person, telephone email, or other means of contact.
- Screen potential clients for eligibility into relevant CWLHIN mental health and addictions services.
- Complete an intake assessment that identifies the client’s needs and abilities through information obtained from the client and other sources.
- Facilitate linkages to needed and wanted services, supports and resources, both internal and external to the agency.
- As directed collaborate with external partners to facilitate access to and coordination of services to minimize gaps in service provision”.
- Provide short-term support for individuals identified by the Central Intake Review Committee including assisting clients to establish goals, establishing crisis plans and short term recovery plans with each client, monitoring clients’ mental health and initiating interventions to promote wellness.
- Providing education on mental illness and support for family of client.
- Establishing a follow up plan for clients as required.
- Participate in relevant intake committee meetings to present potential clients to management team and participate in determining appropriate services /programs and any interim or immediate supports needed for all applicants not suitable for CMHA Peel Dufferin programs.
- Ensure all file management and reporting functions are created and/or maintained in a comprehensive and timely manner as per CHMA Peel Dufferin policy and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate record-keeping/documentation and client files, statistical and outcome measurement tools as required by CMHA/Peel policies and procedures.
- Participate on agency and community committees and workgroups as requested by manager.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with program teams, internal and external to CMHA/Peel.
Skills & Qualifications:
- University Degree in Social Work or College Diploma in social services or related field; BSW preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience completing assessments/working with individuals with serious mental illness, concurrent disorders and/or vulnerable populations
- Experience in community mental health and/or community based human services
- Knowledge of CMRS and LOCUS assessment tools are an asset.
- Awareness of resources in Dufferin County and the CWLHIN is an asset.
- Positive attitude, with demonstrated sensitivity towards individuals and families experiencing mental illness and/or concurrent disorders
- Demonstrated ability, within a team environment, to work independently as part of a coordinated effort, and to prioritize tasks in a manner that meets program needs and program objectives
- Professional manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and internet.
- Knowledge of French or any other second language is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, relevant insurance and reliable vehicle is necessary
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check) report and current CPR/First Aid certification.
CMHA Peel Dufferin provides a supportive work environment with a competitive salary, generous professional development opportunities, excellent benefits and an emphasis on work-life balance. For a list of our Total Rewards, please visit the Careers page on our website. https://cmhapeeldufferin.ca/
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online via the link below:
CMHA Peel Dufferin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please inform us if you require any accommodation during the hiring process.
CMHA Peel Dufferin will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates through the hiring process, under the AODA and Human Rights Code.
Organization Description not provided