- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Avalon is a nurturing community that offers hope, compassionate support, resources and profound connections for women and their families caught in the despair of addiction. Our programs and services are accessible to anyone who identifies and lives full time as a woman and is seeking recovery.
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours per week), 6-month contract, remote (work from home)
The Communications Specialist will work closely with the Manager, Fund Development and Communications to ensure ongoing involvement and commitment to Avalon’s communications activities. This position will also support other roles as needed to meet communication needs.
Key Functions and Duties:
- Support the uniform messaging platform and branding for the entire organization that promotes Avalon’s mission, vision and services
- Plan, coordinate and design content and production of marketing materials for social media, website, newsletters and other communications as needed
- Plan, design and schedule daily content for Avalon’s social media platforms
- Write relevant blog content for Avalon’s website that reflects Avalon’s brand and message
- Update website via WordPress as required
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new programs, events and promotions as needed
- Create informative, interesting and relevant print and electronic newsletters and related marketing materials
- Create communication and marketing strategies to support fundraising goals
- Provide reporting on social media and web analytics
- Support AvalOnline Project Manager and other staff as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience or training in professional communications
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Experience working with WordPress and CMS platforms to manage website content
- Experience working with social media and scheduling platforms
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and also as a collaborative team player who productively engages with others
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in CRM databases, Microsoft Office Suite, cloud-based file sharing, project management applications, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) and Canva.
- This is a remote, work-from-home position. Candidate must provide and use personal computer or laptop and stable internet connection.
- Applicant must be a Canadian resident.
Application process and deadline:
- All qualified applicants are invited to submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by 5:00pm PST on Tuesday, January 26th
- Interviews will take place via video conferencing and may occur prior to end of closing date, so we recommend applicants submit application as soon as possible.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.
For more information on our organization, visit www.avaloncentres.org